|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We offer a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry.
Microsoft Search Advertising (MSA) is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. We are the engine that powers the buying and selling of digital advertising across all aspects of our digital portfolio.
The Global Partner Sales Team within MSA is focused on building, strengthening, and scaling our business via partnerships with leading players across the Search, Display and Native business and internal Microsoft innovation centers.
To achieve scale at incredible speed, the Analytics team in GPST is chartered with transforming our Partner Sales teams through data and analytics.
As part of our commitment to build a diversified, competitive and industry leading practice, we are seeking a passionate Business Analytics Specialist with experience in Data Science, BI and Analytics to support and contribute to our Display and Native growth strategy.
This role will:
- Be empowered to innovate, build, and deliver solutions required to scale our Display and Native Partner Management team and ensure we are positioned to leverage data, intelligence and predictive modeling to manage and grow our business in an agile and proactive way.
- Require a balance of leading, doing and influencing, in partnership with Marketplace, Finance, ENG, Network Quality & Policy, Business Development and more, and will depend upon a combination of technical, analytical and partner management skills to drive value and impact to our business and that of our partners.
- Using data-exploration techniques to discover new opportunities and diagnose existing current performance.
- Build Partner business insights & reporting including (but not limited to) understanding the current operating point of the business, emerging trends and identify and understand partner issues.
- Establish Targets and goals to build a competitive ecosystem: Partner with Engineering, Finance and Network Demand to establish and refine methodologies.
- Lead regular cadence of marketplace performance discussions and support Partner Sales Executives (PSE’s) to grow their current portfolio.
- Report and share insight to the Leadership team through Monthly Business Reviews and other forums to drive rich discussion, and enable effective decision making and action.
- Undertake special project which will help make the right investments across our partner ecosystem in growing the business.
- Prototype analytic improvements/ insightful reports that help us understand the business and the impact on monetization better.
- Develops solutions to resolve the daily analytic needs that help us in setting the dials and levers and running the business.
- Lead reactive partner facing, metric-driven investigations and present findings and recommendations back to partner.
- At least 3 years of analytics experience is required.
- Knowledge of advertising economics, marketplace dynamics and ideally the relationship between Publisher, Advertiser, DSP and SSP.
- Ability to provide analytics thought leadership to new publisher monetization concepts, syndication products and Microsoft Advertising ventures.
- Strong communicator and active listener who has successfully established open and bi-directional feedback mechanisms and who actively seeks constructive feedback.
- Ability to engage business partners in a professional manner while under pressure and support arguments with deep, structured analysis.
- Working knowledge of large data manipulation and data mining and representing them using tools like PowerBI.
- Strong programming/scripting knowledge (proficient in SQL) is preferred.
- Expert Excel and Project management skills and the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects.
- Passion for building, amidst ambiguity, risk taking, failure and iteration at high rates of speed.
- Ability to respond quickly and work well in a matrixed organization
Proven track record of exceptional performance, high productivity and meeting deadlines in an analytical role.
- Experience partnering with Engineering to understand and solve partner-impacting issues and to prioritize product investments.
- Positive, can-do spirit and proactive problem solver.
- High integrity partner who seeks win-win and broader organizational benefit while driving toward own goals.
- High personal accountability for self and others.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering/Economics preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.