|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Search Advertising empowers advertisers around the world to reach their maximum potential through paid search engine marketing on the Microsoft Bing Ads platform. We are seeking a Partner Sales Executive to help drive advertising revenue and marketplace health at scale, via a network of SMB channel partners. This PSE will manage a nationally distributed set of Channel Partners and will be responsible driving revenue and increasing customer engagment on our platform by by developing and cultivating strategic client relationships and delivering customized digital advertising solutions aligning to the partner’s advertising needs.
In this role as Partner Sales Exec, this leader will report to the Head of Channel Partner Solutions – Americas and will Partner with the marketing and Technical Account Management functions to help set up the long-term strategy for the business while managing stakeholders engagement to ensure delivery on that strategy. This PSE will be well-versed in 3rd party technology companies and have a solid grasp on how to drive value for SMBs. They will work with Chanel Partner Partner Account Managers to set up long-term strategic Joint Business Plans, tracking progress against monthly revenue and new account growth goals, ensuring that their clients exceed its targets.
Microsoft is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We offer a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry.
Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. We are the engine that powers the buying and selling of digital advertising across all aspects of our digital portfolio including our high-growth search engine, Bing.
- Reach and exceed personal sales quota. Formulate a Joint Business Plan for each Partner, engaging with the insights and partner account management teams for account history, trend data, seasonality and competitive analysis in support of customer planning process.
- Foster an inspiring and high-performing sales culture of with a clear vision, great account team collaboration and strong partnership
- Conduct regular business reviews with the team to ensure alignment to the plan and coach the team to elevate strategic account plans which move the business forward
- Regularly engage with partners to maintain a pulse on the industry and drive partner satisfaction.
- Forecast and manage resources to ensure quality service to the right partners
- Partner with partner account team to identify opportunities and create compelling proposals that meet customer goals. Educate partner on how the Bing Ads platform and features help them to reach their business goals and new markets/targets.
- Build and maintain a network of key internal contacts and utilize internal partner relationships to present a united front to customers and secure strong cross-group collaboration that enables quick responses to customers.
- Lead account team to prepare content for partner engagements, balance work load, evaluate account performance, identify opportunities and follow up/through on requests. Ensure the account team is continually putting the partner first and providing world class service.
- Continually develop industry knowledge, strengthen business acumen and grow professionally. Develop and maintain an expert level understanding of the search industry and trends affecting or influencing the marketplace and provide insights to the partner. Be present at industry events and engage in partner activities/events to increase industry and product knowledge.
- Minimum 7 years overall business experience, online media or Search Engine Marketing required (8+ years preferred)
- Experience in direct sales and/or business development experience including working with digital media (selling-in six and seven figure media deals)
- Experience in the reseller, partner, or tool provider space is preferable.
- Aptitude for understanding technical API implementations and issues a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Effectively navigate through ambiguity and complexities related to client management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills across all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to understand customer needs, create and build ongoing relationships and deliver customized, customer-focused pitches and solutions
- Experience establishing and nurturing mid to senior-level, long term relationships with digital marketing executives and advertising community thought leaders
- Proven track record of exceptional performance, high productivity and meeting deadlines
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.