|Location:||Dallas, Texas, Irvine, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Corporate, External and Legal Affairs (CELA) department has an immediate opening for a dynamic, motivated and experienced attorney to support our U.S. Enterprise Commercial business team. Ideally, this role will be based in Dallas, TX or Irvine, CA.
- Draft, negotiate and advise business clients relative to complex cloud computing deals, strategic alliances, software licensing, consulting services, product support, and other agreements with major U.S. commercial customers and partners.
- Help localize and develop model standard agreements and clauses for future deals in the U.S. region.
- Manage and coordinate legal matters handled by external counsel for large commercial deals.
- Provide strategic advice on newly emerging information technology business models including Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things (IoT).
- Provide strategic advice and guidance on rapidly changing regulatory issues impacting large enterprises.
- Law degree (JD, LLB or equivalent) from an accredited US law school with excellent academic credentials.
- Admission to and in good standing with the state bar of at least one U.S. state.
- At least 3 years of relevant transactional experience gained in-house or at a law firm, but ideally less than 8 years of experience practicing law.
- Strong analytical and drafting skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- History of negotiating complex information technology agreements with large enterprise commercial entities.
- Proficiency in advising on data protection issues, privacy laws, intellectual property and information technology services.
- Deep understanding of advanced technologies including artificial intelligence and blockchain.
Desired personal attributes:
- Highly motivated self-starter with demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced sales environment with minimal supervision.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.