|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Device Partner Sales (DPS) & Internet of Things (IoT) Global Program Manager role is accountable for ensuring excellence across Transact, Improve and Launch, working with our partners, stakeholders and functional teams and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) vendors.
The DPS & IoT Operations Team consists of approximately 40+ professionals worldwide who are accountable for executing new programs and product launch, driving optimization and ensuring robust delivery and support to our global manufacturing partners. The Global Program Manager role sits within the Licensing & Revenue Management (LRM) team, a global function responsible for audit & compliance excellence in processing agreements, orders, invoices, revenue recognition and provides program design & execution, all the while maintaining excellent customer and partner experiences.
The Global Program Manager role is accountable for driving seamless support across day-to-day operations as well as landing change to support new programs, product or systems infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with operating globally in a highly matrixed multinational organization and exhibit strong communication, judgement and influencing skills as well as excellent cross team collaboration with a strong customer and compliance focus.
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by empowering every person and every organisation on the planet to achieve more, we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations and the value we deliver to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, and recognises and rewards great work. Our goal is to make doing business with Microsoft easy.
- Ownership and oversight to ensure an excellent partner experience in your assigned capability or program area, ensuring key Transact business metrics are met, process is effective with on time and accurate execution and issue resolution, leveraging internal operations and BPO vendor teams.
- Partner with global launch and engineering teams to own and drive effective management of launch, driving optimal design and experience, timely and effective readiness, ensuring full risk mitigation, flawless deployment, and seamless transition to run.
- Using data, stakeholder and partner feedback identify and land optimization opportunities that improve the partner experience or process efficiency, reduce or remove cost, business, or compliance risk.
- Build deep subject matter expertise in your capability or channel area to enable - optimal end to end process design with current and complete documentation covering process and related controls or metrics; effective support for escalations and issues, identification of root cause and final remediation; collaboration with stakeholders to influence future program or channel design to drive standardization; adherence to compliance requirements across design and launch including legal, SOX, GDPR etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business-related field (Operations, Accounting, Finance or IT)
- A minimum of 6 years of demonstrated work experience in an operations environment involving software licensing, account management, technical consulting or customer support.
- Demonstrated success in working with global stakeholders and driving process optimization or landing change in a highly complex and rapidly changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and analytical problem solving skills with sound decision making
- Demonstrated ability to influence, provide thought leadership, with ability to drive multiple programs or projects in parallel.
- Experienced working in a fast-paced international environment, managing stakeholders, processes and collaborating with diverse teams across multiple time zones and cultures to land successful outcomes.
- Excellent collaboration skills with a strong understanding of how to drive high impact results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with strong negotiation abilities (open, confident communicator effective in senior levels of engagement)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.