|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to directly impact hundreds of millions of devices month over month and enjoy the instant gratitude that comes with keeping millions of customers protected and productive? Do you want to unleash your full engineering potential by becoming involved in every portion of the software development lifecycle? Do enjoy working in a high performing team with spectacular comradery and passion? You will want to come talk to us!
Windows Servicing and Delivery (WSD) team delivers high quality servicing experiences to keep Microsoft customers protected and productive by continuously building and delivering updates to the Azure Cloud and client properties, as well as all versions of the Windows operating system as used by consumer and enterprise customers.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Program Manager with strong customer advocacy, passionate and highly technical to lead the area of Graphics. We are a fast-paced team with roles spanning from the cloud to the client, where Program Managers have tremendous impact and ample opportunities to learn and grow their technical and business skills, and their careers.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Investigating and understanding customer scenarios and expectations in depth, using telemetry/data, anecdotal evidence, personal experience and market perceptions
- Drive innovation and value for our customers in the areas of Graphics, Display and associated infrastructure
- Manage and coordinate the work of a team of engineers to deliver features & fixes; track progress against common goals
- Maintaining a great relationship with other cross org feature teams such as Azure, Office, Devices and Customer Support Services (CSS)
- Removing ambiguity and driving to solutions that are well understand and can be delivered with high quality
- Driving efficiency and quality into the engineering processes in partnership with the engineering lead
- Manage schedules, risks, and issues with effective communication to the team, to senior management and company executives, and partners inside and outside Microsoft
- 7 or more years of industry experience. A bachelors or masters in computer science or related field.
- High level understanding of Windows internals and diagnostics. Experience with Graphics technology, end-to-end graphics stack and display infrastructure is a plus.
- Ability to learn new technologies and concepts rapidly
- The ability to build trust with internal and external partners through quality delivery and integrity
- Proven ability to derive clarity from ambiguity, and direct teams to deliver effective solutions
- Effective leadership and high integrity in applying a growth mindset to learn from experience, and build trust within your team and with external partners
- Proven ability to learn and apply that learning to improve business outcomes and drive positive impact for the team and for your career
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.