|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Cloud Operations Research (CORE) group in MSR-Redmond is looking for excellent researchers at various levels (including Post Doc) to work on exciting problems in the intersection of algorithms/ML, operations research, and computer systems. Our group focuses on designing large-scale optimization solutions for cloud systems and applications. Example projects include algorithms for dynamic resource allocation under uncertainty (e.g., for VM allocation) and intelligent supply chain management for the cloud. Another topic of interest is how to leverage machine learning in algorithm design and systems. More broadly, our research leverages theoretical insights for designing optimization algorithms that run efficiently at scale.
As a researcher in MSR, you will define your own research agenda, driving forward an effective program of basic, fundamental, and applied research. In addition to driving your own research agenda, we highly value collaboration and building new ideas with members of the group and others. You have the direct opportunity to realize your ideas in products and services used worldwide.
- PhD (or completed PhD close to start date) in Computer Science, Operations Research or related fields.
- Publications in top conferences, or submitted/accepted papers in top journals?
- Background in algorithm/optimization design
- Programming experience (C/C++/ C#/Java/Python)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment
- Background in CS systems and ML
As part of your application please upload:
- CV, which lists all peer-reviewed publications.
- At least 3 reference letters (typically, one will be from your dissertation advisor)
- Research statement that outlines your research achievements and agenda.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.