|Job Type:||Full Time|
Gaming in the Microsoft Digital Store is a multi-billion-dollar eCommerce business, reaching tens of millions of customers in over 240 markets across Xbox and PC. Gaming is an essential component of Microsoft’s larger ambition to reach billions of gamers across the planet.
To help accelerate this vision, we’re looking to hire a Merchandising Group Manager to lead the creation of innovative and engaging customer experiences that earn fans through our Stores on Xbox and Windows, Game Pass and Project xCloud. This role will lead the team responsible for driving best in class customer experiences through end-to-end UX and campaign experimentation & optimization. You’ll then have the chance to work with some of the world’s best engineers to turn those learnings into next gen systems, tools, and features.
What our team offers:
At the core, we are a customer-focused team that encourages a diverse & inclusive culture. We are respectful, collaborative, accountable and approach work with a fun, positive attitude. The right candidate can expect to have opportunities for career growth and development.
What I will do for you:
- Champion your successes at every level of our leadership
- Empower you with the opportunity to gain new experiences and improve upon your strengths
- Support who you are as your authentic self
- Make career development a consistent priority
How you could make an impact:
- Combine your experience in ecommerce and gaming with your strategic thinking to lead and inspire a team of Merchandisers in charge of all aspects of the gamer experience across our Stores on Xbox and Windows, Game Pass and Project xCloud
- Raise and maintain the standards to achieve a best-in-class merchandising strategy and execution across the entire customer journey
- Assess, propose, and implement bold and innovative ideas for growth
- Develop insight-driven narratives with sound recommendations
- Build strong relationships with other Microsoft Leaders with the goal of creating joint initiatives, establish best practices, sharing knowledge and achieving our ambitions in the Gaming
- Establish and implement the effectiveness measures for merchandising in driving awareness, acquisition, and engagement
- Establish, implement, and measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns that drive awareness and acquisition, engagement
- Develop and oversee the execution of the marketing strategy for core customer segments
- Conceptualize and champion features to enhance the gamer shopping experience across platforms and acquisition models.
- Identifying opportunities for efficiency and automation and working cross-functionally on implementation
- Collaborate closely with product and business teams to manage simultaneous time-sensitive projects.
- Create business and financial analyses, including forecasting, monitoring, and reporting
- 3+ years of marketing, business planning, ecommerce experience or other related and relevant experience
- Direct people management experience, coaching & developing talent, and building a high performing team
- Demonstrated analytical horsepower and depth in ability to make data driven decisions
Highly Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to drive results within a matrixed environment through cross-group collaboration, influencing others and clarity of decision making
- Strong attention to detail
- Integrate and contribute to a Team First culture
- Solid relationship and communication skills for working with senior managers and Microsoft-wide groups
- Strong executive presence and business maturity for internal presentations
- Demonstrated project management skills coordinating deliverables across several stakeholders
- Ability to use Excel or other tools to perform data analysis and business modeling.
- Ability to use PowerPoint to tell a succinct business story based on data analysis
- 5+ years of eCommerce, gaming, or equivalent practical or functional experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.