|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Small, Medium, and Corporate team helps businesses achieve their digital transformation goals by matching customer challenges with Microsoft solutions. Located in either a Digital Sales center, or a local subsidiary, you will help our managed customers across industries, company sizes and territories to identify their needs and opportunities. One of the fastest growing customer segments in the technology industry, you will help customers get to the cloud across our Modern Work Cloud with a particular focus on security and compliance.
The Technology Solutions team consists of highly capable individuals that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. As a Technology Specialist Manager, your primary responsibilities will be to lead a team of Security and Compliance Technical Specialists that will engage with customers and Account Executives to understand the business’s needs, and then prove and design customer business solutions that leverage the Microsoft Cloud for Business with a focus on Security and Compliance. Your team will own technical and solution envisioning with customers via Microsoft Teams call engagements including demos, custom demos, solution designs, implementation plans and proof of concepts.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
As a Digital Technical Sales Manager, you will:
Develop and lead a diverse and high performing technical sales team that helps customers make sound technical decisions and maximize the adoption and value of Microsoft solutions:
- Attract the best technical sales talents from the market, develop talent, and work with individuals on building a career plan. Drive for knowledge of the industry's IT technologies and competitors, and map relevant solutions to industry's, customer's IT and Business trends. Build a learning culture in your team to build deep skills on core technologies, broad knowledge of adjacent solutions and professional skills. Encourage your team to collaborate on opportunities and consumption projects to maximize the customer value.
- Coach for technical and sales excellence to drive customer success and Microsoft growth.
- Your strategic knowledge will lead your team to actively work with customers, to define clear technical decision criteria for all opportunities, to secure customer commitment to Microsoft technology and to develop plans that help customers deploy and consume our products and services. Your practical experience will increase deal velocity by assessing the progress of technical engagements at every stage, and by orchestrating your Team, other Microsoft technical resources and Partners on most complex digital transformation deals.
- Coach the team to actively address the technical and architectural issues that block customers' technology decisions and usage.
- Escalate blockers and collaborate creatively with other field leaders, services & partners, as well as corporate business and marketing groups to ensure the technical needs and preferences of customers are heard.
- Inspire others to take positive actions by being a technical thought leader and an effective influencer
- You will demonstrate Microsoft's value proposition internally and externally to executives by showcasing our technology innovations and building relationships with and influencing key Technical Decisions Makers e.g. CTOs, CISOs etc. Drive cross group experiences that deliver increased sales and consumption.
- Ensure that the team highlights Microsoft's unique value propositions in comparison to top competitors' offerings.
- Encourage deep technical community participation and the importance of gathering and sharing customer insight.
- Meet and exceed team-level monthly, quarterly and annual targets for net-new revenue and sales pipeline, as well as operational metrics
- Constantly research and educate self with the newest developments in cloud capabilities and pricing for both Microsoft and competitor
- 4 - 6 years of related experience in technical sales leadership roles and coaching architecture and solution sales.
- 4 plus years of experience with Security & Compliance.
- This includes experience and ability to explain key solutions and architectures for confidentiality, integrity and availability across multiple cybersecurity and compliance topics including endpoint detection and response, anti-malware, persistent threats, email security, user behavior and analytics, threat intelligence, threat hunting and forensics, information protection, application management, security management and/or auditing and governance
- 4 plus years of experience with Cloud
- Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance, including cloud and hybrid solutions
- Certification in Microsoft 365 Security Administration preferred or prepared to attain certification within 3 to 6 months.
- Certification in two or more of the following preferred: CEH, OSCP, CCSP, GSEC, CCIA, GSED, ECSA or GISP
- Deep experience in the security industry and expertise in risk management gained from prior experience as a security practitioner, engineer or consultant in the industry. They should be familiar with common network and web vulnerabilities, cloud security and common risk frameworks such as NIST CSF, ISO 27001 and control frameworks that align to them.
- Ability to identify new technical and business trends and needs, and serves as the customer's voice into Microsoft
- Proven track record in prioritization and orchestration of resources in and for complex customer digital transformation engagements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology-related discipline, or in Business Administration preferred. MBA preferred
- Ability to drive and influence Stakeholder across organizational boundaries through extremely strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, envisioning, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build a healthy pipeline of great technical sales talents required.
- Proven experience developing a high-performance team through continuous coaching, and inspiration.
- Able to inspire your team and to build and maintain a high organizational health and satisfaction score
- Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations.
- Management and Sales excellence. Solid track record of managing business operations and processes.
- Experience leveraging partners and other technical resources to succeed at scale.
- Constant and contagious desire to learn new technologies
- An understanding and passion for cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.