|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to empower customer creativity and productivity in the modern, highly collaborative workplace? Do you like working with modern web technologies such as React? If so, the Microsoft Whiteboard team would like to talk to you. We are looking for a senior software engineer to help develop our React-based web application across all platforms and devices, in particular Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft Whiteboard is an intelligent canvas for creative teamwork. It has been in market for over two years. We ship Whiteboard on Windows, iOS and on the web. It is deeply integrated with Surface Hub and with Teams. Whiteboard helps teams, schools and individuals stay productive while collaborating remotely, a need that has become ever more important during the global pandemic.
Our team works at the intersection of Teams and Whiteboard, improving existing solutions and developing new features on both sides. We also partner closely with the Surface Hub, Fluid Framework, OneDrive, and SharePoint teams. We are looking for senior engineers who can work on the full stack of web development to deliver products with velocity and quality.
- Design, build, test, ship, and maintain Microsoft Whiteboard and Teams features using a modern web stack, with a focus on full stack development with React and ASP.NET
- Engage in all stages of agile software development
- Collaborate with colleagues and partners, mentor fellow engineers
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement, adaptation, reflection, and growth
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, IT or related fields or 7+ years of industry experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Professional experience with web frameworks like React or Angular
- Professional experience with web service development and web APIs, for example with ASP.NET or Node.js
- Professional experience with large codebases and coordinating engineering projects across multiple collaborators
- Ability to write visually appealing, customer facing features
- Passion for shipping secure, accessible, and production-ready applications that empower customers to be more inclusive and productive
Desired, but not required:
- Experience with modern cloud infrastructure and networking solutions
- Experience with mission-critical live services
- DevOps experience for testing and distributing software products at a high quality
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.