|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
This Industrial Manufacturing Engineer position will work with all Value Streams at our manufacturing facility in Lickdale, PA in support of manufacturing operations. He/she will apply extensive knowledge of Industrial Engineering principles, practices, and procedures to drive continuous improvement across all our processes including stamping, plating, molding, and assembly. This role will be critical in maintaining our plant’s manufacturing systems - performing required system maintenance and updates for new and existing products. This individual will interface with all functions within the plant as well as organizations outside the plant such as the Appliance development teams, product management, and the corporate COE teams.
Specific job responsibilities can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Continuous improvement efforts and drive production efficiency initiatives
- Transfer and migration of product lines into and from the facility
- New Product / Process introduction
- Support varied manufacturing projects, including process improvements and cost reduction activities
- Support and practice Lean / TEOA initiatives
- Plan equipment layout, workflow, and accident prevention measures to maximize efficiency and maintain safe utilization of plant facilities
- Validate original cost estimates to actual costs for launched programs
- Estimate manufacturing costs, determine time standards and recommend tooling and process requirements and improvements
- Maintain records and systems for coordinating manufacturing operations
- Establish standard costs, and load and update the SAP system for BOMs and process routings
- Coordinate SAP data transfer for incoming products and processes
- Prepare capital equipment justifications and CERs
What your background should look like:
- BS degree in science, engineering or manufacturing preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Knowledge of Industrial Engineering methods, cost accounting and financial analysis
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in SAP, Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Statistical software packages
- Knowledge of TEOA, SPC, Six Sigma and other improvement techniques
- Experience with progressive stamping, injection molding and assembly processes is a strong plus
- Project management skills, working under time, budget and resource constraints
- Industrial engineering experience within a manufacturing plant is preferred
- Critical thinker with a holistic view of business
- Energy and ambition to deal with a wide array of projects simultaneously, in a fast paced, 24/7 manufacturing environment is required
- Creativity to explore new ideas and new technologies to product quality product in a cost-effective manner is essential.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $12 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.