|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager for our Tullahoma TN site, Industrial and Commercial Transportation Business Unit. This position reports to the site Senior Manager of Operations. This role will leverage the leader’s experience in manufacturing processes and engineering to transform the performance of the operation through engineering solutions. The focus of this position is to effectively lead the manufacturing engineering team, support daily production, drive cost savings improvements, develop engineering solutions to complex problems, integrate new equipment in a dynamic site, grow and foster talent in the engineering team.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the process engineering and manufacturing engineer objectives and initiatives for process and platform development.
- Responsible for the attainment of fiscal goals, driving productivity improvements, set by the business unit.
- Develops an automation strategy which achieves year over year transformation of the site. Executes the strategy including project management, capital acquisition and collaboration across the organization
- Determines resource requirements, prioritizes department projects and schedules, and resolve production problems to meet customer design, quality, and delivery and cost expectations
- Leads the engineering team in project planning, prioritization, scheduling, business case development. Facilitates capital equipment justification, specification, and procurement
- Works closely with product development, quality and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products and tooling/fixtures
- Works with management teams to develop, define, and improve functional systems, procedures, and general policies.
- Responsible for hiring, performance management, employee development, leadership and motivation for department.
- Coaches and develops talent in engineering and the site organization, including maintenance and floor personnel, transferring knowledge and improving overall site productivity
- Travels as necessary.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
- Five or more years’ experience in engineering or related field.
- Strong leadership skills, Minimum 3-5yrs of Engineering Leadership experience
- In-Depth knowledge of advanced manufacturing methods and systems, including automation
- Six Sigma Green Belt training (Black belt preferred)
- Lean Manufacturing Training (Certification preferred)
- Excellent mechanical or electrical design skills
- Proficient in advanced problem solving skills including statistical analysis
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, including presentations and public speaking; ability to represent the Company, when required, on matters that affect Company operations and/or its products
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $12 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.