|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Quality and Reliability Engineering Teams analyze the ability of product and production systems to comply with customer and contractual requirements through established reliability factors. They design, recommend revisions and install quality control systems, develop and document analytical methods for establishing reliability of products and their components and conduct analysis on relative reliability with regards to cost, structure, weight, maintainability, facility of production, and availability of materials and equipment. Out teams develop, implement and monitor company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations and recommend corrective actions if necessary. They are responsible for policies and practices to comply with applicable government regulations and industry requirements related to product environmental compliance, the implementation and management of technical and testing standards and specifications, quality control and reliability programs governing materials, product and processes, resulting in the optimization of material and labor, as well as failure analysis, root cause, corrective action and customer communication.
- Organizes failure analysis (FA) resources both internal and external to meet the customer’s requirements and communicates needs to systematically improve product quality.
- Processes FA requests in a timely manner providing report updates in order to keep management and the customers informed.
- Evaluates the visual, electrical and mechanical characteristics of the MEMS systems and/or integrated circuits, components, and sub-components, assembly process and packages to determine the cause of failure, including the verification of analog and digital performance.
- Analyzes data and prepares failure reports with recommendations for corrective actions.
- Drives corrective actions internally and from suppliers as necessary.
- Develops methods, processes, procedures and recommends equipment that will reduce failures.
- Will work collectively with internal engineers and consultants (technical specialists).
- Manages the FA process, documentation and organizes reports along with recommendations for corrective actions to resolve any failures. This includes responsibility to investigate, analyze, track and close corrective action requests related to FAs.
- Updates the FA records and the FA reports database accordingly. Responsible for communication with Sales and Management on FAs.
- This engineer plays an active role in the efforts for quality improvement in the framework of the TS16949 quality management system and APQP.
- Provide product team support for quality system design and audit, compliance assessment, and the support of steady state manufacturing processes.
- Work closely with other SMI departments on assigning and monitoring effectiveness of Supplier and Internal Corrective Actions in a timely manner.
- Perform Internal audits to ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 14001 standards to maintain our certifications.
What your background should look like:
- Required: Working knowledge of MEMS, ICs, and the respective manufacturing process.
- Required: A minimum of 7 years of experience working within a quality assurance function.
- Required: Master’s degree in engineering (preferably EE or ME)
- Required: strong communication skills with a technical aptitude to understand the MEMS product and its role in a system.
- Required: experience with Kaizen, 5S and Six Sigma.
- Required: experience operating various laboratory equipment (e.g. power supply, multi-meter, parameter analyzer, optical microscope, optical metrology equipment, SEM)
- Required: Ability to pass ISO 9001, IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 certified Internal Auditor courses
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $12 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.