|Job Type:||Full Time|
Service Engineer II
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Core Service Engineering (CSE) has multiple Service Engineer roles within Digital Security and Risk Engineering (DSRE). This team consists of engineering and business professionals, working on critical security initiatives, committed to delivering quality services and programs to the rest of Microsoft (End Users). We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
- Build solutions to help create tools and reporting that drives engineering excellence.
- Identify emerging trends or re-occurring scenarios and drive engineering opportunities to mitigate, automate or eliminate work.
- Build Processes and functions across multiple groups to drive efficiencies.
- Ability to frame and communicate issues and recommendations clearly and concisely.
- Show exceptional attention to detail and code solutions in a DevOps capacity.
- 2+ years of experience in development and design at scale using object-oriented programming languages (C#, Python, or C++).
- 2+ years of experience working on high availability distributed systems (Cloud, AWS or Azure).
- Available for 24/7 on-call support rotation.
- The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience building systems in the cloud.
- Experience in Production Support.
- Experience with big data systems.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Automation of testing configuration and performance.
- Experience in code or script development.
- Experience managing end to end services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relate field or equivalent experience.
- Hands on customer experience.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.