|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you like the idea of building cool devices and technologies? The Hardware Devices Team focuses on building devices that fully express the Microsoft Windows vision. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, release management, supply chain and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation of exciting product and the Hardware Devices team needs you! This position will be part of the Hardware Devices development team in a functional role to multiple project teams responsible for developing and delivering the next generation of devices products.
- Develop expertise in Engineering Change management, and Bill of Material (BOM) processes to drive product releases.
- Work in concert with the Component and Design engineering community for parts, documents and engineering change creation and management.
- Ensure organizational process consistency among multiple projects and product teams.
- Ensure that Product Data Management (PDM) processes comply with documented procedures and practices.
- Ensure that contract design / manufacturers understand and follow Hardware Devices configuration management requirements per the Microsoft manufacturing model.
- Work with Contract Manufacturers to manage Engineering Changes from pre-release, implementation, and end of life.
- BOM auditing, writing, and implementing Engineering Change Requests (ECRs), Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), and Deviations.
- Three or more years of experience in a Hardware Configuration Program/Project Manager role
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or equivalent
- Experience or understanding of Bill of Materials (BOMs), Engineering Changes and data management process flows.
- Excellent people skills as you will be interfacing with various cross functional Teams.
- Experience or understanding of Product Data Management (PDM) systems, (e.g., Agile, Aras, PTC, and Teamcenter).
- Attention to detail managing Changes, BOM’s, special build details, schedules and other requirements as needed. This includes balancing multiple programs/projects with various stakeholders to make sure deliverables are completed on time.
- Ability to think strategically, along with excellent tactical, analytical and communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of consumer electronics manufacturing and systems in support of manufacturing is strongly desired.
- Self-Driven and committed to learning processes and actively participate in driving improvements in a flexible work environment.
- Domestic and/or International travel may be required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.