|Job Type:||Full Time|
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Joined with our consistent growth and strategic M&A, TE will continue delivering industry-leading total shareholder returns (360% TE TSR over FY10-17, versus 175% for the S&P 500 overall). For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. TE is positioned to continue capitalizing on the mega trends underpinning secular growth – including Digital, IoT, Healthcare, and transportation Electronification. By virtue of these content growth opportunities arrayed across the diverse markets and broad applications we serve, TE’s business model will continue delivering above-market organic growth rates.
TE fulfills its purpose not only through our products but in how we operate: supporting our local communities, ensuring sustainability, and living our values of Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Innovation (we are recognized amongst the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” as tracked by the Ethisphere Institute). Consistently regarded as a “Great Place to Work” and as one of “America’s Best Employers” (Forbes). With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
As a member of the Appliance Strategy team, this role will help shape the portfolio composition and competitive strategy by being a key advisor to the Senior leadership team. This role will:
- Help develop strategies that drive above-market organic and inorganic growth, working closely with leadership to ensure both cross-functional involvement and real-time input as the external environment (e.g., technology, customer needs, regulations, competitors, etc.) evolves.
- Help identify new growth platforms, growth opportunities – through the identification of attractive market spaces, determining what it takes to win, assessing competitive position and business models, and then helping the organizing to align on the strategic direction and execution plan
- Help lead the strategic planning process and deepen strategic capabilities in the organization.
- Research and analysis for identifying and assessing inorganic opportunities.
Assist in strategy development that enables the organization to frame and make the critical strategic decisions to grow and profitably defend the business. Constructively challenge the organization to refine its “where to play” and “how to win” choices to drive growth, improve profitability, and sustain competitive advantage.
- Lead in solving complex business problems using a hands-on hypothesis-driven approach:
- Develop business/market intelligence insights, conduct fact-based analysis of market trends; competitive data and technology advancements
- Lead strategy projects across functions and provide thought leadership to team members
- Develop project deliverables and executive presentation documents
- Lead and guide primary and secondary research
- Facilitate the successful development and deployment of the annual strategy development process
- Develop strong relationships with all functions at all levels to ensure internal alignment and smart allocation of resources within the strategy plan
- M&A pipeline development and management
- 6+ years of cumulative business experience. 2+ years in a major top tier General Management Consulting Firm, with a focus on high tech or diversified industrials clients Additional experience in sales, operation and product management is also preferable.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. MBA or other advanced degree from a top program is highly preferred. Undergraduate and/or master’s degree in engineering is highly preferred but not required
- M&A deal experience is preferred but not a must
- Strong problem-solving, and be able to structure and solve complex problems using a hypothesis-driven approach
- Ability to structure work, manage strategy projects, and provide thought leadership to the team members
- Strong oral and written communication skills – ability to synthesize and effectively communicate key messages
- Excellent active listening skills
- A team player able to work with and through others with the ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Being hands on, staying connected to the ongoing strategy deployment and helping manage implementation when necessary
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization