|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes, and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative, and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is seeking talented professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. The Digital Sales organization is a dynamic, digital organization with a mission to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of delivering a new sales model leveraging modern technology, big data, and analytics to drive impactful engagements leading to customer success.
Do you love working with customers to achieve their business outcomes? Would you love to build expertise around the leading, next generation cloud services? Do you possess leadership, communications, and consultative capabilities? Microsoft is seeking managers with a deep interest in cutting-edge technology to join Digital Sales as a Customer Success Manager (CSM) team lead. As a CSM Manager, you will manage a team of highly talented and skilled sales specialists, driving the day-to-day execution to exceed business performance targets and coaching team members. The Customer Success team consists of highly capable salespeople that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. The team members’ primary responsibilities will be to engage with customers as the central point of contact all the way driving additional adoption and consumption of workloads across our latest cloud technologies.
- Attract, develop, coach, and evaluate CSMs by setting a clear bar for excellence. Build a high performing team that will be diverse and inclusive with a typical team size of 10+ employees
- Acts as a strategic partner to executive-level business and technical decision makers (e.g., C-level, school system leaders) to guide customers in defining and realizing their digital and business transformational targets. Leverages expertise in relationship building and influencing to mentor team in building strategic partnerships.
- Coach and enable your team to accelerate Azure projects to production, including guidance on architectural design, technical recommendations, blocker escalations and technical resource orchestration
- Lead team to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual team targets
- Lead team to actively engage accounts to drive services consumption and up-sell and cross-sell based on strategic plans and needs
- Accurately forecast, assess risk, and identify exceptional performance plans in weekly deal and pipeline reviews with senior management
- Report on monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets and deliver business insights, trends, and analysis to drive ongoing performance improvements
- Coach teams to excel at engagement management and forecasting accuracy to successfully plan and prioritize weekly, monthly, and quarterly engagements, e.g. through joint customer calls
- Guide team in identifying and articulating business value of role and solutions for customer organization.
- Guide team to follow process, systems, and documentation as expected; ensure teams focus on identifying issues and barriers to efficiency; share context for importance and business impact of process improvements. Work with team to prioritize recommendations for improvements; articulate broader impact of process gaps and inefficiencies. Ensure accountability for process adherence, influences adoption of recommended improvements and solutions.
- Support and enable team to drive customer change and optimization of change management by applying deep knowledge of change management principles, creating influence strategies with senior decision makers to scale change across organizational boundaries, and articulating alignment between customer culture and digital transformation. Drive team readiness to ensure team members are equipped to guide customers in managing change.
- Enable and empower team to identify gaps and take ownership in driving action based on feedback and advocating on the customer's behalf to drive resolution; drive strategy for positive change within Microsoft.
- Take ownership in understanding customer business, needs and strategy across all aligned accounts to drive customer success
- Keep up to date with customer information and industry trends through research (e.g., reads customer publications, speaks with direct reports and customer stakeholders).
- Anticipate market direction around technology to ensure team is equipped with the appropriate capabilities.
- Coach team to develop and leverage understanding of customer business and industry; coaches against best practices to engage, capture, and understand customer needs.
- Ensure fair and equal treatment of employees, avoids favoritism, addresses difficult issues directly, and shows empathy and compassion.
- Leverage best practices to guide customer strategy and future growth for Microsoft by cultivating customer affinity with Microsoft programs/solutions that drive impact for the customer and establishing Microsoft as a leader.
- Coach team to build customer success plans and utilizes them to build industry/team plan, leveraging own expertise and hands-on experiences (e.g., success plan workshops); aligns multiple engagement plans and leverages corporate resources dedicated to awareness improvement of high potentials (e.g., Skills Learning platform).
- Act as the Voice of the Customer and Partner by communicating feedback around technical capabilities, blockers, and insights and driving the resolution of existing items; represents the customer to internal teams (e.g., product) to shape strategy by providing insights across territories. Use broad patterns of feedback to develop strategic and actionable insights and presents a compelling business case to program managers that influences product roadmaps and decision making.
- Create a culture of advocacy within the team to promote advocacy internally and represent the industry externally
- Promote company policies, procedures, mission, and values, by training and providing direction to direct reports in their use and application.
- Obsess over Microsoft’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience
The successful candidate is a self-starter with a minimum of 3 years of experience in sales Experiences Required - Professional, Technical, and Education:
- Experience 3-6+ years of technology related sales and coaching architecture and solution sales; Experience working with or selling Azure or similar solutions preferred
- Management: 4+ years of people management experience with proven track record of successfully leading teams of 8 or more required; Familiarity with modern sales techniques and tools preferred
- 4+ years of experience driving change management or technical adoption required Collaboration. Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers required
- Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Desire to work in a cooperative environment where one’s growth potential is supported by one’s abilities and attitude
- Results-Oriented: Motivated by performance rewards for exceeding annual sales goals through strategic sales leadership and strong cross business collaboration required
- Organized: Solid time management skills and ability to work independently or under supervision with a high level of integrity required
- Execution: Strong experience leading and executing on Technology Visions.
- Demonstrated ability to build a healthy pipeline of great technical sales talents required.
- Proven experience developing a high-performance team through continuous coaching, and inspiration. Ability to inspire your team and to build and maintain a high organizational health and satisfaction score
- Understanding of Cloud Platforms. Requires the ability to engage with customers technical leadership as trusted advisors. Requires the ability to articulate and present the business value of Microsoft’s Apps and Infra and/or Data & AI related cloud solutions and have firm understanding of Microsoft’s strategies and products relative to major competitors.
- Have one of the following Associate Certifications: Azure Database Administrator Associate, Azure Data Engineer Associate Certified, or Azure Administrator Certified, or prepared to attain certification.
- Ability to identify new technical and business trends and needs, and serves as the customer's voice into Microsoft
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications; Dynamics CRM or other CRM experience is a bonus
- Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world
- Preferred: Bachelor’s (4-year) degree in Business, Computer Science, or Information Technology, Engineer, or experience in related field.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.