|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about solving real world problems and creating experiences that surprise and delight customers? Do you want to see your work make a direct impact in Microsoft Experience Centers around the world? We're the engineering team that builds the technologies and interactive experiences which enable our Experience Centers to be the public face of Microsoft, where every individual, community, and business can directly experience all that's possible with Microsoft. A Microsoft Experience Center is no longer just a storefront, but a dynamic and immersive platform to showcase Microsoft’s technologies. We are a highly driven group of talented individuals who operate in a lightweight, fast paced, collaborative Agile environment. We value passion, collaboration, adaptability, and a desire to learn new technical areas. Together we will help the Experience Centers demonstrate and bring to life Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
We have an opening for a senior software engineer that will work on innovative new technologies to bring our Experience Centers to life. We are making our Experience Centers interactive and closing the gap between the physical and digital worlds and are looking for someone to help us light up new and exciting capabilities. We are looking for someone with a strong technical background who also possesses curiosity, customer empathy and creative energy to dream up exciting ideas which will captivate our customers.
- Work collaboratively with a team of diverse and talented peers and foster an environment where group success outweighs individual success.
- Provide strong technical leadership, raise the technical bar, maintain data and results-driven culture, nurture a team culture of high collaboration and trust.
- Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue investigations with the feature teams and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.
- Come up with creative solutions to track humans in spaces and develop innovative interaction models to create compelling user experiences.
- Execute in an agile model where you do up-front sprint planning, participate in scrums, and maintain a good glide path towards completion.
- Own accurate costing for your engineering activities and execute with high accountability to schedule and quality.
- Contribute to the development of the test infrastructure for our features.
- Maintain an unwavering focus on our customers and the value you can deliver to them.
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing software in a full stack capacity.
- Outstanding technical problem solving and debugging capability.
- Excellent programming skills in C++ or C#.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating solutions leveraging Azure.
- Experience in algorithm design with a background in mathematics or statistics.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- A BS, MSc, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
The ideal candidate could come from a variety of backgrounds. People that have experience delivering high quality, reliable, maintainable, and scalable, full stack solutions using Azure or other cloud technologies. You don’t have to fit all these requirements but if you have knowledge with some of these areas, you should come have a chat with us.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.