Last updated 1 hours ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Atlassian University is looking for a senior manager to own our customer education-focused content strategy and lead our curriculum development team. Working with subject matter specialists and product teams, you will be responsible for defining our curriculum for Atlassian's full range of collaboration products for Software Development, IT, and Business Teams. You will also provide functional leadership to a team of technical content developers to build product training that helps our customers ramp quickly, succeed with our products, and grow their proficiency.
More about you
You are a facilitative, positive, content development team leader. An active listener who solicits feedback and applies insights quickly. Action orientation, prioritization, time and project management skills. A creative-builder approach, ready to explore the latest content models for the modern learner. Driven by customer centricity - prioritizing what delivers immediate customer educational value. Passionate about training, using judgment and initiative in problem resolution and coordination with internal partners and external customers.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 4+ years leading a customer training team in a fast-paced environment, preferably at a high-growth SaaS company
- 8-10 years of validated instructional design and delivery experience for enterprise software companies
- Strong technical foundation and familiarity with SaaS platforms, APIs, or DevOps/ITSM business areas
- 2+ years of experience with certification programs
- Experience with Agile curriculum development processes
- Excellent analytical and writing skills with a confirmed aptitude for crafting easy-to-understand training content for both a technical audience and a business user audience
- Experience with content development tools (Camtasia, Articulate, Rise 360, Vyond, Adobe Premiere Pro, etc.), virtual classroom lab environments (i.e. Cloudshare, ReadyTech, etc.), webinar tools (i.e. WebEx, Zoom), and productivity tools (Confluence, Jira, Google Drive, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Communications, English, Education, Computer Science, Engineering, Instructional Design or related. A Master's Degree in Instructional Design or a related field is desirable
More about our team
You will join our Atlassian University team at a really exciting time! Atlassian is growing rapidly year over year, and we want to scale intelligently while helping our customers unlock value from our products faster. This is an opportunity to play a major role in achieving that goal. We are a small but mighty team of top-tier professionals with diverse skills and work backgrounds. Our team is open, encouraging, focused, located around the globe, and is all about providing outstanding training solutions to our customers!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.