|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
This position will be part of the Business Systems team. The goal of the Business Systems team is to create and deliver on meaningful, large scale technology programs that increase the ROI of Samsara’s systems and technology and improve the overall value and performance of the organization. We make systems/processes more efficient, reduce manual, low-value work, and enable the company to run better, make better decisions, and ultimately be more profitable.
We are looking for a leader who is excited to help us scale our Business Systems Organization to support a rapidly growing business. As Director of Go-to-Market Systems, your primary responsibility will be to enhance, optimize, and ensure that our Business systems provide Samsara with secure, high performing and scalable solutions; enabling our employees to do their absolute best work.
You will be responsible for working closely with the Sales Operations, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success business teams to drive process and system improvements that will enable the business and drive scale. You will be managing a team of Salesforce Business Systems Analysts/Administrators, Engineers and Architects to deliver projects in the Agile methodology. The successful candidate must have leadership skills and work well in a team environment while being a collaborative, tactful, resourceful and independent self-starter able to work effectively with minimal direction.
In this role, you will:
- Own Samsara’s Salesforce instance including overall architecture, processes, and integrations with other systems
- Define and continually update the roadmap for Go-to-Market systems in collaboration with the business stakeholders
- Determine priority of projects in collaboration with business stakeholders
- Be a catalyst in the Agile transformation
- Be accountable for your team's delivery in an Agile framework with continuous improvement and throughput
- Educate and guide users on effective and efficient approaches to implementing new features and provide technical guidance for testing/adoption of new features and functionality
- Demonstrate holistic understanding of system design and functionality by being able to identify potential issues and offer creative solutions and alternatives
- Effectively communicate status updates and risk assessments to the stakeholders
- Hire and lead a growing team - be an incredible player-coach, help the people you work improve and get better
- Conduct quarterly reviews with business stakeholders to share key metrics and demonstrate the value of projects/systems work being delivered
- Incorporate feedback from business stakeholders to improve the organization
- Define and adopt best practices for development, project management, change management, release management, incident management, problem management
- Benchmark with industry peers on best practices to build a best in class Business Systems team
- Collaborate with business partners, business systems and implementation teams, vendors and other stakeholders, to find the right solutions for solving business problems
- Scan the market trends and identify appropriate technologies to define the solution architecture
- Hiring, developing, and leading an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An Ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or equivalent field and 10+ years of total experience
- 4+ years of experience in managing a technical team, and 6+ years hands-on experience in technical systems architecture, design and development for Salesforce applications
- Domain knowledge of Go-to-Market systems
- Experience mentoring and coaching the technical team and promoting learning in others by soliciting and acting on feedback
- Experience building collaborative, cross-functional relationships; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership; influencing, mentoring, and coaching team members; fostering open dialogue amongst team members; evaluating and responding to the strengths and weaknesses of self and unit members; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.