|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
Samsara’s Hardware Product Managers are responsible for the end-to-end success of our IoT devices and the corresponding firmware capabilities they require. Samsara’s approach to product management is rooted in a deep understanding of the customer. You’ll learn about our customers’ operations, identify the most meaningful problems that we could solve for them, and deliver products that maximize the impact Samsara can make on the market.
We’re looking for a PM to own the roadmap of our Fleet Diagnostics solutions. Reliable vehicle and asset data are foundational components of our Fleet management solutions, and in this role you’d be working to expand the breadth of data we surface across vehicles, construction equipment, trailers, and other assets our customers track with our telematics gateways.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze support cases, market data, customer feedback, and inputs from other product team members to deliver a multi-quarter roadmap for fleet diagnostics capabilities
- Partner closely with firmware engineering teams to deliver reliable diagnostics data across multiple telematics devices and accessories
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- 3-5 years in a product management role, with some exposure to hardware products
- Experience with automotive diagnostics protocols such as CAN bus, RS-232 and/or telematics devices are a strong plus
- Technical fluency and familiarity with hardware and embedded systems development processes. Can establish credibility with engineers and is willing to get hands-on.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical fields are a plus. MS, PhD, and/or MBA also a plus.
- Knack for gleaning customer insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to customers, partners, and internal audiences.
- Familiarity with B2B sales processes is a plus
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.