|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be at the leading edge of using Big Data to help improve customer experiences, for over a billion Windows users around the world? The CSX Data team within Windows and Devices creates the data services and insights that enable innovation and improvement of Windows product capabilities.
The team is looking for a Senior Program Manager with a passion for big data to help create new data products that will provide Windows and Devices engineering teams with deeper product insights, enabling them to make well-informed product release decisions and take action to resolve quality issues. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right program manager to get in on the ground floor of multiple critical v1 efforts, solve complex technical and business problems and create strong business impact across Windows and Devices.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager with a proven track record to contribute to these important efforts.
- Customer expertise and advocacy : Work with customers to understand their scenarios and business drivers. Collaborate with SWE counterparts to understand the right technical design and tradeoffs necessary to meet customer goals.
- Product strategy : Develop product plans and roadmaps, define capabilities and drive project execution. Enable scenarios and workflows that bring meaning to complex data sets for Windows & Azure engineers that enable them to consistently improve product quality.
- Organizational and team leadership: Build positive relationships and deliver results in cross-group projects. This includes enabling cultural change in CSX by providing expertise & practical guidance that drive adoption of the right metrics, tools and methodologies and fuel long term planning and investments.
- Foster strong partner relationships with teams across Microsoft and identify opportunities for collaboration and sharing.
- Bachelor's or higher in Computer Science or other technical/engineering disciplines
- 5+ years’ experience as a Program or Technical Product Manager
- Prior experience building data products, including driving metrics and workflow development & visualization methodologies
- Ability to work independently in ambiguous situations, with a strong ‘get it done’ attitude
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong track record designing Ux for one or more large commercial products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with big data technologies used at Microsoft such as Cosmos, MSSQL, Kusto & Geneva are a strong plus.
- Experience working with data scientists and analysts on data projects is another strong plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.