|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Are you passionate about providing a world class Microsoft employee experience and being a part of a high performing team of business professionals? The Corporate, External, and Legal Affairs department (CELA) has a unique opportunity for a full-time internal communicator to drive the narrative and priority messages for the External Relations & Executive Communications Team. This individual will work closely with senior leaders and stakeholders across the department to develop the timely creation and delivery of messages that connect employees to strategies, instill pride, build community and drive technology adoption. A successful candidate will be inventive, a strong storyteller, comfortable working in a quick-turn, deadline-driven environment, and adept at managing multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
The right candidate will have strong planning, organizational, time management and problem-solving skills. You must be flexible, able to multi-task, demonstrate strong attention to detail, meet deadlines, and be comfortable working independently within ambiguous situations. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential, diplomacy and the ability to manage confidential information with the utmost confidentiality and tact.
- Positioning and Messaging. Advance CELA’s internal communications agenda through effective storytelling and content that reinforces priority strategies and messages.
- Coordination and Oversight. Work with internal teams, agencies and external vendors to ensure teams are coordinated on content distribution plans and execution. You will oversee this work daily, coordinating plans, approving content, monitoring progress and providing updates to stakeholders. You will drive a shared editorial calendar.
- Editorial Planning. Work with team members to refine the content strategy for the internal newsletter and maintain an editorial calendar that drives timely execution on tactics that support the business and communications objectives of the department.
- Writing and Editing. Write, edit and publish timely stories for the department’s consumption, working with contributors and partners throughout the department to develop human interest stories that meet the overall objectives of our group and the larger CELA business objectives.
- Effective Use of Metrics. Use communications metrics and results to share insights on trends and identify areas of strengths and weakness with key stakeholders and to inform new strategies and actions.
- Social Media Management. You will have an enthusiasm and know-how for content creation, cadence, and analytics for sharing best practices and case studies with colleagues across the department.
- Event producer. Manage all logistics and AV for department wide-events by delivering seamless technology integration and logistics for major internal events, including Town Hall meetings, monthly speaker series, and keynote segments at the annual CELA Global Summit.
- SharePoint Management. Provide on-going management of team SharePoint web properties, including updates and management of content to department portal, and team collaboration sites and archive.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Business or relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experienced communications practitioner with more than 6 years of corporate communications experience and a proven track record of running impactful internal communications programs, social media, and content distribution, preferably in large organizations and in the technology sector.
- Broad communications execution expertise. Extensive writing or communications experience selecting, deploying and managing a portfolio of resources that span the breadth of the marketing mix - web, email, e-newsletters, apps, video, events, and internal Microsoft channels.
- Deadline driven and have experience summarizing stories and concepts and creating accurate copy for social media and web properties.
- A Creative Thinker. Comfortable pushing the boundaries creatively and experiment with inventive campaigns.
- A sharp observer of domestic and global public policy issues with an ability to reflect the company’s need to remain a thoughtful and often non-partisan contributor to debates.
- Have a strong understanding of digital media and experience working with creators of content, including long-form stories, videos and graphics.
- Used to leading creative teams and working with them to deliver great work.
- Strong strategic communications skills with the experience and ability to develop and implement robust plans.
- Comfortable working across organizational boundaries both inside the company and with our external partners.
- Able to condense complicated policy issues into short social copy in the voice of Microsoft.
- Effectively communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing and sometimes unpredictable work environment.
- Analytical thinker with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate evolving business needs.
- Work independently and effectively and manage through ambiguity.
- Influence across the organization to drive alignment.
The above description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.