|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Do you have a passion for Business Intelligence and Cloud Services? Do you love to solve problems and help improve the quality of Microsoft's products? Are you customer obsessed and have a growth mindset? If so, this is a great opportunity for you. Microsoft Federal is looking for a Customer Engineer. In this role you will be working with customers and partners in large enterprise environments supporting and optimizing data visualization and data structures and data models to design, develop, and tune BI solutions and reports while delivering with high quality on meaningful engagements. You will also be responsible for customer satisfaction, deployment, adoption, and support of enterprise Microsoft deployments.
As a Customer Engineer, you will be a key, deeply technical resource for the customer, primarily focused on delivering proactive services such as education workshops, delivering assessments and providing tailored guidance to remove technical blockers for customers. The role can include a mixture of short and long-term customer engagements and can be delivered either remotely or on-premises.
Support Management – 50%
- Participate in proactive account management, spot performance issues, analyze problems, develop solutions to meet customer needs, represent them.
- Provides the most effective method of service delivery by analyzing trends and common themes across customers.
- Create deliverables to address common customer needs & support mobile-first, cloud-first strategy, share intellectual property with others.
- Engages in strategic service delivery planning, in partnership with the virtual account team, to strengthen targeted customer relationships.
- Gathers customer impressions of products and services and integrates this feedback into decision making.
- Seeks information about the underlying needs of customers.
- Allocates and aligns resources to optimize the customer experience.
- Develops and communicates realistic performance goals and standards.
- Builds plans that consider potential obstacles and immediate and long-term consequences.
- Demonstrates expertise in a specific solution, or several products, feature functions, or services.
- Provides stakeholder assistance throughout deployment to avoid/resolve technical issues.
Support Execution - Deliver Results through Teamwork & Optimizing Business Results – 25%
- Seeks opportunities to drive Customer Success business results by collaborating with multiple team members.
- Identifies opportunities to articulate business value and grow customer/partner relationships in alignment with Customer Success business priorities and stakeholder management principles.
- Provides and drives actionable feedback across groups about the customer/partner experience and competitor threats.
- Modifies existing intellectual property (IP) or, where applicable, creates new content.
Leadership and Growing the Business – 25%
- Consistently apply "lessons learned", model personal accountability & teamwork.
- Demonstrates an understanding of his or her role and contribution to customer/partner change management and adoption initiatives.
- Understands customer/partner requirements and can map the adoption and optimization of Microsoft technology solutions accordingly.
- Drives and Supports innovation focusing on industry solutions and customer business outcomes on the Microsoft platform.
- Contribute & participate with meetings to articulate service offerings to all customers; share knowledge thru communities, adapt for customers.
- Cultivates relationships, credibility, and loyalty with customers and partners intentionally by sharing relevant business expertise.
- Demonstrated Self Learner.
This role is aligned to the Azure-Data & AI solution area. We are looking for experts with a strong understanding and experience in data platforms and Azure. You will have the opportunity to work on SQL IaaS and PaaS solutions, collaborate strongly with different teams, and deliver value to customers across Microsoft Federal.
- At least 2+ years of SQL Server or advanced database experience
- 3+ years of technical experience in an enterprise environment
- 1+ years Azure or Cloud database experience, preferred
- Deep technical or architectural knowledge in at least one of the following:
- Database administration (preferably with SQL, Azure SQL, Azure VMs) – performance tuning and optimization, troubleshooting, high availability / disaster recovery, security, governance, business continuity
- Database development (preferably with SQL server, Azure SQL -- databases, SQL Managed Instances, VMs) – designing and building database solutions (tables, stored procedures, forms, queries, etc.)
- Data Platform modernization – upgrade, migrate and deploy databases to a newer SQL server version, on-premises or in the cloud, Azure SQL db (PaaS), Azure SQL MI (PaaS) or Azure VM (IaaS).
- Technical delivery and customer facing presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Must have the ability to take on internal initiatives to create opportunities, and work in a fast-paced environment while balancing multiple demands, addressing shifting priorities, and maintaining focus
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- Ability to match technical solutions with customer business requirements
- Ability to effectively recognize and adapt to change
- Ability to communicate with a variety of different audiences and strong presentation skills
- Ability to lead and motivate technical communities
Travel is an integral part of this position. You should be willing to travel as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. Travel ranges from 50% to 75% depending on location.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.