|Job Type:||Full Time|
Office 365 Customer ExperienceTeam –RiskArchitect
In the past customers asked Microsoftifthey should use our cloud to get value. No credible customer IT function does not have a cloud strategy today. But, increasingly, customers now askcanthey use our cloud given the complex regulatory and technical environments they face. Here on the CXP Market Expansion Team we are working from an “inside the cloud” view to provide expert help to Microsoft customers who are assessing their technical, security and regulatory risks of using Microsoft 365, Azure and the growing catalog of MS Cloud Services.
The bigger the customer, the more risks they must manage and the more resources and skill they apply to the complex concerns that emerge at the intersection of cloud technology, contractual and regulatory disciplines. Microsoft has always led the way with cloud security – now we must lead the way helping customers use Cloud services while confident of their compliance with regulatory, privacy and similar obligations.
In this role, you’ll do your part to make it easier for Microsoft’s most demanding customers, to enthusiastically adopt the MS Cloud. You’ll do this by helping our customers and internal customer facing people understand these detailed concerns, explain them to others and plan for how to handle them. In some cases, you’ll provide for-fee assistance to some customers who have very specific assurance needs to plan for, and you’ll deal with customer contacts of differing types including audit assessors, lawyers, technical staff and business executives.
- Use your track record of experience in scoping and providing great advisory services to help us do the same.
- Use your verifiable knowledge of the Microsoft Cloud offerings to distil Customer regulatory assurance or governance complexity into clear, actionable things for customers to evaluate or do.
- Use your confidence with contracts and regulations to separate the stuff from the fluff and drive MS business.
- Apply your skills at customer influence to help people see our way of thinking about their concerns and try to understand why the customer differs … perhaps MS needs to change something?
- Work in a role that is often going to change, while always remaining essentially the same – bringing the best insights from “inside the cloud” to the Microsoft personnel and customers who need them.
- Using your finely tuned judgement to determine when the conventions must be followed, or, when the conventions are the problem!
- Collaborating closely with salespeople, lawyers, engineers, customers and executives – no two days will be the same - because no two customer situations are the same.
- Be part of making Microsoft’s cloud better – use program management skills to drive improvement outcomes for Microsoft.
- 3+ years of IT industry experience in support or consulting service, project or program management with either having a technical or an assurance focus;or
- 3+ years in IT technology adoption in a major enterprise organization, ideally banking, insurance, tax, healthcare, or other regulated industry or large corporation IT services group.
- Understands the Microsoft Cloud supporting governance features such as contracts, websites and regulatory documentation.
- Understanding of technical features and functionalities which support customers regulatory or compliance needs
- History in providing consulting or advisory “professional service” to customers but dealing with technical matters (e.g. IT audit, IT program planning, Change management service).
- Effective with influencing for positive change , across multiple disciplines including IT, Engineering, Risk, Compliance and Legal
- Ability to notice and understand the details but convincingly describe the high-level narrative truths.
- Excellent language and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree level education in a relevant discipline.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.