|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Want to help drive the future of end user productivity using innovative technologies? Want to work across a variety of product groups and business organizations to leverage the latest and greatest technology?
Then look no further.
End User Services Engineering (EUSE) delivers and runs services that create a highly productive work environment for all Microsoft employees.
EUSE is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to drive key aspects of the cross-Microsoft enterprise services transformation. The ideal candidate will play a significant role working with senior technical engineering PMs, Software Engineers, and Architects across Microsoft to identify opportunities, coordinate solutions (adjust priorities, define new features, co-design/develop, etc.), and accelerate delivery of key technology services and capabilities to improve and ensure the best end-to-end customer and employee experiences.
- Working collaboratively with top engineers across Microsoft to drive effective technical solutions
- Coordinating with CSEO and PG leadership in project and strategy reviews
- Driving the company’s strategy and technical/data architecture for key technologies to achieve cross-company goals and alignment
- Architect, design, develop, and deliver high quality software that powers ever increasing demands of availability, reliability, security and performance of IT core tools.
- Stay on top of industry trends, standards from security and scalability perspective to Lead and influence design decisions to build services right ground up.
- Driving code and design reviews and take them closure
- Collaborate with multiple partner teams, analyze their requirements, prioritize and drive features to closure with very high quality.
- Mentor junior engineers in the team.
- Should have a Computer Science or related degree; BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
- Strong understanding of fundamentals of Computer Science
- Familiarity with Microsoft .NET technologies (C# and the .NET Framework) and/or competitive offerings (e.g. J2EE, WebLogic or WebSphere). Candidates should have previous experience with multiple product release cycles.
- Experience with ASP.NET, MVC, or WCF/Web API is a mandatory.
- Experience in one or more automation languages (PowerShell, Python, C#, OpenSource)
- 8+ years software development experience in full product cycle: design, development, release and maintenance.
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Experience should entail some or all the below:
- Good at design patterns and their application.
- 3+ years of experience delivering scalable and resilient services at large enterprise scale.
- 3+ years of experience in data platforms including large-scale analytics on relational, structured and unstructured data
- 3+ years of experience in React Native
- Some experience in building systems to record and analyze telemetry
Preferred, not required:
- Strong Azure Dev Ops (formerly Visual Studio Team Services).
- Experience with Agile project management techniques.
- Passion for using data and analytics to drive business value.
- Excellent interpersonal and group dynamic skills
- Strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills
- SQL (or NoSQL), or analytics is a plus.
Successful candidate must have deep technical aptitude, great communication and cross-group skills, strong customer focus, a can-do attitude and the ability to jump in and get the job done in a fast-paced and stimulating environment. Will have experience in a team environment, experience running and designing enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in cloud platforms, agile development practices, and experience in designing & tuning telemetry.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.