|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft is investing in a dedicated Customer Success team member that will help the largest and most important companies in the world across all industries successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solutions and services.
We are looking for an experienced technical leader to drive the Azure Apps & Infra technical strategy for the Customer Success organization. As the Technical Principal Program Manager for Azure Apps and Infra Solutions, you will be responsible for developing and landing the technical strategy across an ecosystem of Cloud Solution Architects (CSA), Customer Engineers (CEs), Customer Success Account Managers (CSAM) and CSA Managers. If you thrive on being part of a dynamic and strategic business, have deep technical background in Azure, and a passion for developing technical strategies and leading execution of technical Worldwide (WW) community programs, we would like to hear from you.
Identify internal and external technical capability influencers:
- Understand market demand and customers’ Apps & Infra landscape, including common application portfolios, and IT and business priorities.
- Understand current technical capabilities of the WW Customer Success Apps & Infra communities and opportunities for enhancement
Develop technical strategy and define the worldwide execution plan:
- Lead development of the WW Apps & Infra technical strategy in close collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Define end-to-end programs for execution of the technical strategy, in close collaboration with Customer Success Azure Business Architects and key WW stakeholders, with the end goal of enhancing CSA and CSA Manager technical capabilities
- Develop the long-term vision for driving technical community and readiness events leading to continued collaboration of Customer Success field communities
Lead end-to-end execution of technical strategy:
- Lead execution of WW technical community and readiness activities within Customer Success
- Serve as the primary lead for Azure Apps & Infra track design and delivery across multiple channels such as (but not limited to) Microsoft Ready, Azure bootcamps, OpenHacks, 30‐60‐90 onboarding, facilitating in-person and virtual presentations.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and enhancement based on field and internal stakeholder feedback, as well as new Azure Services in the Apps & Infra domain. Continuously incorporate improvements into the next iteration of the WW strategy and execution plan
- 7+ years working with large Enterprise customers and field communities in consulting (or similar roles), leading deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications OR 5+ years of experience in building products and services as part of Engineering teams either as Program Manager OR Engineering positions.
- Deep domain expertise of Cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e., Windows and Linux IaaS or PaaS (Containers, AKS, Serverless etc.) or SaaS Services, SAP, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra as a code technologies)
- Program Management: Excellent skills in all aspects complex program management at a global scale, including cross-project planning and resource orchestration, as well as the ability to consistently identify and drive program enhancements.
Good to Have
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide environments.
Leadership and Strategy
- Strategic thinker with the ability to execute cross-org and drive for results in ambiguous environments
- Proven ability to quickly adapt in rapidly evolving business situations
Collaboration and Communication
- Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions/projects
- Proven record of accomplishment of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through with exceptional verbal and written communication
- Strong Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences and with various levels of an organization
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field
- Certification(s) in the following technologies: Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
Work location: Preferred location - Redmond, WA, Open to candidates from other US locations welcome
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.