|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft’s cloud platforms and services that millions of people use every day. With more than 95% of Fortune 500 business on Azure, 180 million using Office 365, and millions using other services – all running on Microsoft's cloud infrastructure – CO+I builds and operates the foundation upon which Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and organization comes to life.
The CO+I Physical Security team is organized within CO+I and falls under its Cloud Infrastructure, Security, Safety, and Governance (CISSG) team. The CO+I Physical Security team is dedicated to delivering the most trustworthy and efficient physical security services to protect the personnel, infrastructure, data, and confidential information foundational to the Microsoft Cloud. Our vision is to be the most reliable, rigorous, and trusted industry provider of hyperscale cloud physical security.
This position falls under the Special Programs group within the CO+I Physical Security’s Center of Excellence. The Special Programs team combines Microsoft’s extensive datacenter security experience with the rigorous standards of our U.S. Government partners to create the most secure cloud computing facilities anywhere, enabling the mission-critical capabilities needed to keep our nation at the forefront of technology.
Your Role: The Security Operations Manager leads the team protecting Microsoft datacenters that provide vital support to U.S. Government customers. Partnering with a variety of stakeholders, you will ensure the excellence of security guard operations, incident response, and emergency planning at one or more of Microsoft’s most secure datacenter facilities, and other facilities as needed.
The selected candidate will lead formal and/or ad-hoc teams of Microsoft, Vendor and Supplier partners to deliver best-in-class security operations at Microsoft datacenters with enhanced compliance requirements, including datacenters hosting classified information. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain the physical security of assigned datacenters, leading a vendor security team focused on enabling a trustworthy physical environment that protects customer data, intellectual property, people, and critical infrastructure
- Maintain compliance with all security controls, policies, and objectives
- Partner with colleagues in datacenter operations, Facility Security Office, security systems, and other domains to ensure secure, continuous operations, while maintaining a One Microsoft, one team environment
- Receive notifications of physical security and business impacting events and appropriately triage. Ensure that leadership is informed of the incident and the response. Partner with other teams to effectively manage incident response
- Advise others as a physical security subject matter expert standing on your own to deliver work and represent the team, as well as leading your team to success through delegation
- Continuously improve the efficiency and maturity of the overall physical security program, seeking data and recommending strategies and ideas to optimize, implement a creative solution to a problem, scale, automate, and simplify
- Develop and test contingency and emergency plans and procedures that prioritize personnel safety, while maintaining a secure environment and continuous operations
- Respond to the site within 1 hour of critical incidents, and provide leadership of the security response
- Deliver assigned projects in accordance with established requirements, deadlines, and applicable employment law and company policy
- Engage with internal and external customers as appropriate to evangelize and represent Microsoft’s datacenter physical security programs
- Maintain confidentiality, discretion, and protect Microsoft information
- Lead teams to deliver campus or multi-site security operations for facilities housing U.S. Government classified and other sensitive information, including oversight of contract guard operations, alarm investigation, and incident reporting
- Evaluate and drive continuous improvement of contract guard operations through the use of key performance indicators and collaborative improvement plans
- Hone security team skills through targeted training, practical exercises, and the documentation and application of lessons-learned
- Develop cross-functional emergency response procedures for facilities housing U.S. Government classified information
- Assess and communicates risks and mitigation strategies to non-security audiences, supporting operational needs and maintaining security compliance
- Travel approximately 10% of the time in both planned and unplanned scenarios
- Bachelor’s degree in a security or management related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of experience applicable to target role/level, including 2+ years managing people
- Working knowledge of ICD705, NISPOM, and other standards for the protection of U.S. Government information
- Experience developing and documenting standard operating plans, procedures, and processes
- Experience with or exposure to regulatory and industry compliance frameworks and audits (e.g. ISO27001, FedRAMP, ICD705)
- Confident and skilled in preparing and delivering presentations and briefings to customers, senior leaders, and executives
- Experience making and influencing good decisions that impact mission-critical, 24x7 operations environments
- Strong work and compliance ethic, and the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
- Analytical and process improvement skills to produce data driven insights and associated process changes
- Thought leadership and subject matter expertise to deliver one or more large programs and services while increasing standardization, simplification, and automation
- Ability to change plans, goals, actions, and priorities in response to an evolving business environment with awareness to operate as a champion for course corrections when necessary
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products for business
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.