|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft’s cloud platforms and services that millions of people use every day. With more than 95% of Fortune 500 business on Azure, 180 million using Office 365, and millions using other services – all running on Microsoft's cloud infrastructure – CO+I builds and operates the foundation upon which Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and organization comes to life.
We are seeking a Global Operational Assurance Manager to apply the Global Operations Assurance program at a Regional level in support of multiple mission critical Microsoft Datacenters. The ideal candidate will have significant knowledge and experience in high visibility datacenter security and assurance, quality control as well as operational awareness and vendor management. This candidate will be the functional leader within the Region for large-scale, mission critical facilities, while overseeing myriad operational matters related to the datacenter environment and overall adherence to operational policy and process.
This position requires someone with a global “big picture” vision and the experience to back it up. The successful Global Operational Assurance Manager must be prepared, willing to work and travel in response to a 24 x 7 business as a member of Global Operations Assurance Management.
The ideal candidate should understand the criticality of compliance to Microsoft's success and have experience designing and implementing various audit procedures across large and complex organizations. This individual will be expected to be versed in current cloud industry best practices and be the regional subject matter expert for all datacenters within the assigned region. This individual should be organized, self-motivated, have a strong attention to detail, and robust communication skills to help build and execute initiatives that ensure compliance in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment. Individuals with multi industry experience ranging from Law Enforcement, Security, and Auditing agencies as well as significant program management experience within the datacenter or other relevant industries is a plus.
The Global Operational Assurance Manager will be responsible for the implementation and development of Global Assurance initiatives, engagement with Microsoft Security and Compliance Teams as well as roll out of ongoing operational readiness and support/monitor remediation actions as appropriate.
The role requires a variety of tasks to be managed, coordinated, and controlled effectively which include but are not limited to the following:
- Support control monitoring performance and remediation (Control Review, Control Definition, Remediation Tracking)
- Support ongoing readiness and audit preparation and execution (All applicable audits within Region – ISO 27001, SOC, FEDRAMP, etc.)
- Security project management engagement (Overall program awareness / health management)
- Oversee the resolution of resiliency assessments and tabletop exercise action items at site level
- Standardized documentation creation, maintenance, review, and updates
- DC Operations Team (new members) Assurance orientation training as required
- DC Operations Team (existing members) provide Assurance training as required
- Meet and align with supporting organizations and regional counterparts
- Provide situation and status briefings to leadership team as appropriate
- Participate in business continuity resiliency planning and coordination
The role will engage and support cross organizational standards and compliance teams, supporting Datacenter Management regionally to ensure that program adherence is properly implemented, tested, and ongoing readiness is achieved. Responsibilities in this area include a wide range of activities where coordination, collaboration, and program competency are critical to the success of the program.
In addition, the candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, project management and organizational skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office software is required.
In addition, this position requires:
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, global environment
- Ability to embrace ambiguity and changing business requirements
- Ability to speak and present to leadership effectively
- Ability to influence operations and engineering teams with control design and implementation
- Ability to successfully collaborate, drive clarity, and ensure communication between stakeholders
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience auditing in a large, global company for compliance-related policies, controls and regulations
Preferred, not required:
- Experience in datacenter compliance
- Experience working with U.S. Government entities
- Experience working in a multinational public company
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.