|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Teams Platform team is looking for a PM to join us and drive a strong focus on service performance and fundamentals. As a customer advocate, we seek someone who understands the importance of a highly reliable service and drives the team to make the right investments for our customers. We also seek someone that is deeply passionate about building and improving our organizational culture every day.
Teams is a hub for collaboration and communication. Our extensibility model allows for 1st, 3rd, and Line of Business apps to be integrated inside of Teams, allowing end users to use all of the apps they need in a single, cohesive experience. In this role, you'll use data to monitor and measure the performance of different parts of the Teams experience and proactively identify and propose investments we can make to improve the speed and reliability of the customer experience. You'll have ample opportunities to work closely with customers, partners, developers, and other stakeholders to expose and enable new services and scenarios.
What is working on Microsoft Teams like? We're a fast-moving environment that lets us explore, iterate, and deliver value to customers. We share an immense passion for the customer and user experiences that surprise and delight the people that use them, and there are numerous opportunities to present ideas and work directly with executives and customers to collect feedback that directly impacts the product. While we innovate and move at a fast pace, we're also a team that likes to have fun, and we build that attitude into our product. Our culture is open, respectful, and empowering - we believe that listening to all voices is key to the success of our product and our team.
- Own the product roadmap and build the strategy for performance improvements across Teams Platform capabilities and experiences
- Develop product requirements and maintain them throughout the development cycle
- Work closely with design team to dream and push the boundaries on user experiences built on top of platform capabilities
- Engage with customers and internal partners to understand their scenarios and ideate on scenarios across phone and tablet
- Regularly present new product plans, demos, competitive reviews, and more to the leadership team
- Contribute to the overall product strategy and roadmap, as well as stay in sync with end-user features and service infrastructure
- Track all defined deliverables from conception through launch, leveraging established processes, tools, and communications mechanisms
- At least 5 years of relevant program or product management experience shipping features for developers and end-users
- Experience in driving performance improvements and investments for products
- Ability to wear many hats and learn quickly, and the collaborative leadership skills to lead a change in direction when needed.
- Innate curiosity and ability to thrive in ambiguous and rapidly changing startup environment. Self-starters and innovators with a positive, collaborative can-do attitude and bias for action are very welcome.
- Great problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
- Experience across the entire product lifecycle – from product inception to ship and the know-how required to lead your crew to realize your vision.
- Strong project management, leadership, dependency management and cross-group collaboration skills with a track record of managing complex projects with many partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a desire to create a collaborative team culture
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical field.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.