|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas, Issaquah, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Service & Support
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
- If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
Support Engineers (SE) serve as frontline technical resources for Microsoft customers and partners via phone, email or web. They deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
- Scope a customer issue by collecting the relevant facts and investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
- Consult and collaborate with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world and with management and engineering to resolve service issues.
- Act internally as a customer advocate.
- Empower customers to find information, self-solve when they decide to, and learn more about Microsoft products, services and support.
- Advise customers on how to gain additional value from their Microsoft products.
- Document your technical work and research to help your colleagues, improve the product, and improve the support experience.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations.
- 3+ years of technical customer support experience or software development experience
- 5+ years of technical experience in three or more of the following:
- Web App troubleshooting on Linux, Windows IIS, Azure Web Apps or Docker
- Application development & debugging experience with one or more languages or frameworks: Java, Node, Python, PHP and Ruby, .NET Core, ASP.NET, WordPress, Joomla and Drupal a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Understanding of programming concepts such as call stacks, threading, synchronization, performance-related concepts and debugging.
- Cloud Application development or support experiences with PaaS services (Redis Cache, Service Fabric, Service Bus, Event Hub, Cloud Service, IoT suite, Azure Batch, Mobile Apps, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems, determine root cause and develop solutions
- Japanese Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking. English Language: confident in reading and writing; moderate spoken English skills
- BS in computer science or engineering preferred
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems, determine root cause and develop solutions.
- Deep experience with Open Source Web technologies, troubleshooting and developing with Linux, NGNIX, Apache, Java, Node, Python, PHP and Ruby
- Experience with customer Docker images and troubleshooting Docker
- Troubleshooting skills in Network and DNS
- Familiar with packet sniffers: Fiddler or Network Monitor/Message Analyzer
- Software Development experience desired in one or more of the following:
- Software development experience with C#, ASP.NET, or C++
- Debugging code (WINdbg, Visual Studio Debugger)
- REST API
- .Net development, IIS
- .NET Framework SDK
- Technical Leadership - handle technically challenging and politically sensitive customer situations
- Strong communications skills – excellent spoken and written English communication skills and the ability to present complex technical issues clearly and concisely to a general audience
- Demonstrate ability to recover from dissatisfied-customer situations in collaboration with the team manager.
- Ability to understand the customers best interests in terms of problem impact
- Passion for technology, problem solving, and customer supportability
- Ability to discovery, recognize and assess alternate solutions to a problem
- Ability and motivation to learn behaviors of unfamiliar components/technologies as needed
- Ability to drive discussions remotely with authority
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to have effective communication with various stakeholders within and outside of Microsoft
- Demonstrate coaching skill
- Logical and Critical thinking
- Should have passion for technology and customer support
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships over long distances and remote technologies like Teams
- Logical and critical thinking
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
Your shift can vary according to business needs. Examples: Monday to Friday, any working hours from 6am to 6pm Pacific Time, or weekend coverage depending upon business needs. Please note that shifts might change according to business needs. Though schedule changes are not frequent, you will need to have flexibility to accommodate changes as needed. This position may require you to work a rotational On-Call schedule, evenings, weekends and holiday shifts.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.