|Job Type:||Full Time|
This position will assist with calibration (equipment and product), mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards, and assists in formulating calibration standards: Assists with the planned sequence of testing and calibration procedures for instruments and equipment, per blueprints, schematics, technical manuals, and other specifications
- Sets up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment to NIST Traceable equipment
- Maintain laboratory to ISO13485/AS9100 standards
- Disassembles instruments and equipment, using hand tools, and inspects components for defects
- Measures parts for conformity with specifications, using micrometers, calipers, and other precision instruments (baths etc.)
- Perform calibration of instruments and equipment and manage sending them to external vendors whenever required
- Maintains accurate records of tests and services performed, enters required information in the company's database
- Devises formulas if necessary to solve problems in measurements and calibrations
- Co-ordinate ordering of equipment or materials as needed
- Assists engineers in formulating calibration and evaluation plans and procedures to maintain precision accuracy of measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment
- Assist in designing and fabricating fixtures and tools for production if required
- May identify and recommend design, process, and quality enhancements
- In the performance of daily activities, ensure safe work practices are employed. Address and report any observations of unsafe behavior or practices immediately and any recommendations for safety improvements to the Supervisor.
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures, specifications, drawings or written instructions under cleanroom conditions and have a good understanding of associated GMP’s
- Assist in the drafting and training of work instructions
- Assist with establishing and promoting lab performance metric
- Lead efforts within the lab regarding preventive maintenance, 5S, waste elimination, and other Lean concepts.
- Work function usually requires set up and operation of production or test equipment in various configurations based upon product and performance requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like:
- Must be a US Citizen/PRC Holder due to access to products and technology controlled under the ITAR and EAR
- Good verbal, writing and listening skills.
- Use standard assortment of hand tools, fixtures, assembly and test equipment.
- Work well with a team
- Must have good computer skills and a working knowledge of standard Office programs in order to collect, organize and report data.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Requires minimum 3 years related experience or high school diploma or equivalent
- This individual must be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on quality.
- Comfortable in dealing with employees at all levels. Good communicator and customer friendly.
- Must be proficient in use of MS Office Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Good communication and computer skills, including data analysis and report writing skills