|Job Type:||Full Time|
This position of the Simulation Principal underlines the importance of our corporate strategy towards Simulation Driven Design. TE’s Digital Engineering Solutions department is dedicated towards continuous improvement, research, development and deployment of best in class product and process simulation tools. Simulation has been identified as an important enabler for our 7000+ Engineers world wide to develop better products and processes and to bring them to market faster.
This position will help to better understand our Engineers needs, communicate current capabilities and deploy strategic new simulation tools.
The position requires Engineering, Simulation Analyst and Business Analyst skills including using organizational change management techniques to drive the technology and influence adoption in all business units of TE.
Simulation Driven Design is the process of using software tools throughout the product development process to predict structural/mechanical, electrical, thermal, high and low frequency and environmental performance to enable faster time to market, better quality and cost-effective solutions.
To ensure TE Connectivity’s pursuit of this continuous improvement and integration with our Digital Strategy, the role requires optimizing TE’s simulation portfolio. The position collaborates with multiple global business units and corporate functions and with all levels of CAD and simulation users, engineering management, domain knowledge experts and external partners.
- Aligning the simulation capabilities of our current tools to the strategic needs of our businesses to predict product performance and process quality as early and accurate as possible.
- Disseminate Best Practices to our global simulation experts.
- Continuously gather feedback and strategic needs of our global simulation teams and compare with existing simulation capabilities and upcoming trends in simulation technology.
- Drive relationship with our strategic simulation vendors to communicate gaps and opportunities in their respective product portfolios.
- Manage global/regional working groups of TE’s simulation experts to increase adoption and awareness of simulation technology and to share best practices on how to use it.
- Implement simulation material management and simulation data management capabilities.
What your background should look like:
Competencies and Knowledge
- Comprehensive understanding and demonstrated experience of Simulation Technology.
- Master level experience of at least High Frequency simulation. A plus would be to have understanding of Structural, Electro-Thermal, Magnetic, CFD. Preferably in Ansys.
- Experience in process simulation (molding and metal bending) are a plus but not a requirement.
- Skills and experience with Design Optimization, Sensitivity studies and Design of Experiments
- End-to-End knowledge and expertise with 3D CAD, CAE and PLM systems required
- Comprehensive understanding of product development processes
- Ability to think analytically and at the abstract level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical details coherently to different stakeholders in the development process.
- Strong ability to build personal relationships at all levels and taking initiative with partners and TE stakeholders. Vendor management and expectation management experience is preferred
- Ability to innovate individually and collaboratively within a global team environment
- Desire to press beyond traditional norms and engineering constraints
- Desire to influence a whole corporation towards using simulation technology
Education and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline. PhD would be a plus.
- Minimum 7 years experience in using simulation tools and/or directing others.
- Strong written and oral communication and business analysis skills
- Fluency in English required. Other language skills preferred
- North America located required
- Ability to travel both domestic and international but not frequently
- Programming/code development skills with current programing languages would be a plus
- Skills, experience and strong interest in some of the following areas would be a plus: Computer Science, Model Based Definition/Enterprise (MBD/MBE), Augmented and Virtual Reality, Generative Design, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning