Last updated 25 days ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
This isn’t your ordinary Support Engineer role. If you love solving complex and challenging technical problems, enjoy working with all types of customers from around the world (startups to Fortune 500 corporations), and love variety, this job has it all in spades. Atlassian is a rapidly growing software development company, and the Support team is expanding to scale with the business. We’re on the lookout for Technical Support Engineers to join a team that is serious about pursuing one goal: improving the customer experience with our products!
This role will provide technical support for Halp. Halp impacts hundreds of thousands of employees at future-thinking companies like Slack, Pinterest, and Fastly. It is used to dramatically reduce ticket resolution times, increase user satisfaction, and amplify productivity.
Are you the go-to person for technical support when nobody else knows what to do? Do you have relationships with customers where they ask for you by name? Then this could be the job for you!
Does this sound like you:
- You want to be a part of something big. You want to be the one who helps customers customize and configure their Atlassian solution(s). You want to be the one to find that misconfiguration and to help customers understand how to get the most out of their Atlassian investment. You’re excited about working on a small, scrappy team within Atlassian (Halp is one of our most recent startup acquisitions!). If those tings appeal to you, then this could be the job for you.
- Still reading? Then we ask that you have 2+ years of experience either in a support role, or a customer-facing position. It’s a bonus if that role was in technical support, or a SaaS environment.
- You have experience working in and configuring JIRA.
- You’ll thrive in this role if you have strong written communication skills and technical writing chops. Do you love problem-solving and naturally empathize with others? That’s a plus!
- You enjoy and are comfortable talking to customers and working directly with engineering to troubleshoot support requests. The thought of rooting out the gnarly problems energizes you instead of exhausts you!
What will you do?
- You will be the first point of engagement for customer issues. You will field customer requests and triage technical support tickets for anything from technical implementation questions to code inspection, replicating issues, reproducing bugs, and testing.
- You will troubleshoot customers Halp integrations with systems like Slack, Jira, Zendesk, Zapier and many others.
- You will apply your customer focused and technical chops to translate engineering-jargon into customer-friendly language.
- This role resides in our support team, but you’ll be the technical connection between customers and our product teams. You will be expected to collaborate with product, engineering, and operations to find solutions and advocate for customer needs.
- You also might work on engineering projects to build internal support and sales tools. If you’re up to it, you can even find and fix core product bugs.
More about the role:
- Provide exceptional customer support for technical issues through tickets and chats while building positive customer relationships.
- Work across both the Support, Engineering, and Sales Teams.
- Identify, prioritize, and track issues to ensure timely resolution and escalations, when needed.
- Review code base, replicate and test issues, and communicate issue resolution in customer-friendly terms.
- Provide Jira expertise to help customers troubleshoot integration issues.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to troubleshoot potential bugs and when appropriate, advocate for customer needs to help influence feature requests and bug fixes.
- Contribute to Halp documentation, a growing knowledge base, the Atlassian User Community, etc.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.