|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for a Sales Operations leader to build and scale our global revenue-generating operations. The role includes directly leading a team of 20+ sales operations professionals across three offices in the United States and one in London, and helping scale Samsara to a $1B+ in revenue. The right person for this role is passionate about scaling high-performing sales organizations, leading others through change, and being a part of a fast growing company. Proven sales operation experience, people management and problem-solving skills are required, and a quantitative background is a big plus. This position is based in our San Francisco location.
In this role, you will:
- Assume responsibility for all sales operations activities including day to day deal support, writing and administering sales policies, territory planning, and management improving sales productivity for a 600+ sales team including inside sales, field sales, and account development across North America and Europe
- Partner with our Sales Leaders to develop strategies to enable our fast-growing sales team to scale effectively, including organizational structure plans and necessary sales processes
- Pursue ambitious goals to develop new data architecture and system automations that will create a step change in our sales productivity; proactively drive continuous improvement for process optimization, process redesign, or development of new process/policies
- Develop operational measurements to identify business process issues and provide recommendations and solutions to business challenges, all with the result of increasing overall sales productivity
- Oversee governance of all Sales Policies across a global sales team; run routine audits to verify compliance at all levels; maintain key documentation regarding our policies and sale processes
- Own and administer all sales systems, including SFDC, telephone queues, 3rd party software providers, and proprietary software tools; implement new tools while sunsetting others in order to best improve sales team productivity within our budgetary constraints
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the technology industry, with at least 7 of those leading a sales operations or a sales strategy team; experience leading a team during a period of high growth in a performance-oriented culture is preferred
- Demonstrable experience in using data-driven insights to improve sales productivity and performance, including owning the analysis, defining key objectives, and problem solving cross-functionally to achieve short and long term results
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for, and deliver results on, sales process automation resulting in increased sales productivity
- Extensive experience with Salesforce.com, including creating a world class SFDC experience for front line sales team members, and the ability to leverage SFDC as a productivity enhancer vs. a detractor
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills to understand sales policies and processes at a company and individual sales rep level
- Demonstrable ability to recruit, hire, develop and retain top-tier diversified talent
- Be a Role Model: champion efforts to improve team collaboration and cross-functional communications, and help make Samsara a great place to work
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a top university; business, finance, economic, business, or engineering focus is a plus (MBA is nice to have, but not required)
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience leading a global sales operations at a publicly traded company with at least $750M in annual revenue; experience leading a team during high growth and/or through an IPO is a major plus
- Experience building advanced data analytics architecture, and using advanced techniques to develop deep insights into topics like lead scoring, account engagement, and territory planning
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021, full list of locations here. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.