|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Advertising and Global Partner Service Team seeks a Partner Sales Executive to manage day-to-day Search publisher partnerships. In this role the Partner Sales Executive will act as the primary POC for their partners across functions, engaging in both strategic planning and execution level activities, ensure delivery against Microsoft’s obligations relative to supporting the partnership, and own the holistic ROB, priority setting, joint business planning, and issue resolution and escalation. In partnership with multiple cross-functional stakeholders across BD, CELA, the Global Advertising Business Team, Bing Ads ENG, Global Support, Sales, Bing ENG, Finance and more, this role will champion and advance performance, revenue growth and partner satisfaction in ways that are consistent with attractive advertiser experiences and marketplace principles. This role is critical to the long-term health of the covered partnerships and to our Search volume. The position will be based in Bellevue, Washington.
This role will be the central point-of-contact for the covered publisher partnerships, driving revenue accountability and growth planning, quality management leadership, strategic account management services, business operations support, and balancing advocacy for the partners with the Microsoft business priorities across Bing, Bing Ads, Finance and Business Development.
- Manage the partnerships inclusive of on-going performance analysis, direct influencing with partners on changes important to the business, support for product deployment and other growth initiatives, and proactive management of operational issues.
- Build expert level understanding of the partner’s Search contracts.
- Manage revenue optimization plan across quality and performance, always in a manner that supports the advertiser experience and marketplace health.
- Recommend, champion and advance creative solutions to strengthen partnership.
- Partner closely with the TAM(s) to ensure resolution to technical / engineering tickets, issues, and product priorities.
- Establish and maintain trusted relationships with key points of contact at the partners, always keeping a balanced view of partner interests and Bing Search and Ads’ priorities
- Drive a healthy partnership using the product / initiative roadmap, performance scorecard, and support monitoring.
- Represent partner requirements internally for product requests and where appropriate participate in cross-functional product v-teams to ensure requests are reflected in product planning process.
- Own and drive holistic partner ROB, working collaboratively with various internal teams who contribute to or are impacted by the ROB in some way.
- Participate and play leadership role in Sales and Business leadership meetings and use as a forum to drive discussion, debate and awareness of issues, initiatives and performance of 3P.
- Engage appropriate internal teams to monitor capacity utilization.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge of online media and Search advertising; partner management / partner monetization experience with premium Search publishers preferred.
- Experience establishing and nurturing senior-level, long-term relationships with partners.
- Strong strategic thinker.
- Strong demonstrated negotiation skills, with experience overcoming objections and influencing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Search technology, internal stakeholder dynamics, and revenue drivers.
- Low-ego, collaborative individual who is focused on ‘we, not I’; High integrity partner who seeks win-win and broader organizational benefit while driving toward own goals.
- Positive, can-do spirit and proactive problem solver; Demonstrated track record of exceeding established goals and milestones on a consistent basis.
- Organizational agility / savvy and ability to work across organizational boundaries to build alignment at multiple levels of management and drive closure on issues; Demonstrated capability to influence clients or partners and internal stakeholders at varying levels to support business goals.
- Proven experience successfully operating in a complex and matrixed environment. Ability to deal with ambiguity and navigate through uncertain situations to drive for clarity.
- Strong communicator and active listener who has successfully established open and bi-directional feedback mechanisms and who actively seeks constructive feedback.
- Excellent Program management skills; Strong self-discipline and time management skills; Multitasker capable of switching between strategic and tactical work.
- High personal accountability for self and others.
- University degree or commensurate experience required.
- 20%-25% travel required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.