|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Devices believes in empowering people to do more, through iconic experiences by building disruptive technologies that challenge the status quo and propels the world of productivity to the next level. We are the Engineering Services team within Microsoft Devices, responsible for innovating, building, and sustaining the internal technologies, services, and IT infrastructure that support our Devices organization. Our vision is to transform Devices Engineering Services through the ideals of simplicity, scalability, sustainability, and security. We invest in the development and use of technology to optimize our own processes and those of the Devices organization.
We are looking for a highly motivated Site Reliability Engineer with proven track record in excellence and can partner effectively to drive impact. Devices Team manages a growing number of projects that interface with hardware and software partners. You will be responsible for understanding Engineering Team requirements within the context of the overall business and transform them into high value capabilities in our line of business services, Tools and Automation space. You will work with internal/external partner teams to align vision, objectives, manage risks, define/implement plans, and ultimately deliver impact. The successful candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills, cross-organizational and project management skills and thrive in a highly innovative, fast paced, evolving and ambiguous environment. This requires the ability to work well in a team environment and build strong partnerships across different organizations. You must be self-motivated, proactive, and possess the ability for maintaining a depth of expertise in developing and enabling solutions that will scale.
- Architect, design, develop, and deliver high quality software that powers ever increasing demands of availability, reliability, security and performance of IT core tools.
- Write specification, design, code the implementation, test automation, implement monitoring and logging for features related to assigned area
- Debug live site issues in production and produce fixes.
- Driving the company’s strategy and technical/data architecture for key technologies to achieve cross-company goals and alignment
- Stay on top of industry trends, standards from security and scalability perspective to lead and influence design decisions to build services right ground up.
- Drive efficiencies through software improvement and root cause analysis resulting in optimized service delivery, maturity, compliance and scalability.
- Continually innovate and push technology to the limit both on scale and design, within our developer services scope
- You will also be expected to demonstrate ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft and industry.
- 5+ years track-record of shipping products and having been through more than one development cycle in C#/C++/Java
- Design, implementation, debugging and testing of complex distributed services
- Bachelor’s or MS Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Distributed Systems and Cloud Technologies.
- Ability to work and thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Experience driving a complex multi-year infrastructure project
- Substantial experience building commercial grade software, with much of that experience in a large scale, high availability service.
- Experience with directory and/or data storage systems.
- Strong communication skills and experience working across disciplines and functions
- Experience as an engineering manager or a technical lead with a passion for coaching and mentoring others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.