|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
This Customer Success Manager (CSM) Manager role will directly manage full-time employees (FTE) and/or vendor CSMs that will cover managed Modern Work customers in their territory. This is an exciting role that will help create bonds with our Modern Work customers and will fuel customer success, retention, growth, renewal and advocacy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive usage growth of "Modern Work" workloads (Microsoft 365 with a focus on Microsoft Teams Meetings and Platform and Apps on Teams) thru Customer Success excellence, reducing competitive threat.
- Hire, develop, support, coach and enable CSMs to ensure effective delivery against priorities.
- Role Model One Microsoft - exceptional cross-team collaboration and communicator. Partner with all required Microsoft stakeholders in the subsidiary to drive CSM role clarity and effective cross-team collaboration.
- Amplify the Voice of the Customer within Microsoft, representing the customers’ technical interests, generating insights, removing obstacles, and influencing engineering roadmaps.
- Manage your Area’s coverage and role orchestration model balancing customer needs, future growth and fiscal year usage goals.
- Drive operational excellence, including timely consumption opportunity management, Scrum and high-quality reporting and insights through proper tools and channels.
- Deep engagement with Business Decision Makers and IT Decision Makers (BDM/ITDMs) to deliver business outcomes.
- Manage and drive usage culture at scale within the local Microsoft subsidiary and the Microsoft partner ecosystem.
- Identify and document consumption best practices and customer references to further grow the success of the CSM program.
- Execute Team Readiness and Development - Attract, develop and retain a talented team of profile CSMs, leveraging both HR & external sources to ensure a strong pipeline of future candidates.
- Lead by example via deep, direct involvement in customer engagements and a "showing by doing" mindset. Manage performance through appropriate 1:1s and connect sessions, conduct performance management assessments and reviews annually (FTEs).
- Develop capability thanks to his/her own abilities to deliver all CSM customer facing activities, including the ability to coach CSMs on the delivery of a functional design / gap analysis, creation of qualitative "Success Plans", the design/driving of adoption strategies and plans and the optimization of Microsoft’s purchase options for maximum impact.
- Support and enable professional development planning and execution through assessments and role-based training plans.
- Hold the team and individuals accountable for results and recognize appropriately.
- Ensure team members execute effectively, collaborate appropriately and deliver a positive impact on the organization.
- Create an inclusive, engaging and motivating work environment that improves Work Health Index (WHI) results annually.
- Lead team to ensure intense focus on Business Value, Active Usage/Adoption, Renewals and Advocacy
- Provide support, coaching and enablement to CSM team to ensure effective delivery against the Monthly Active Usage targets, drive adoption, create high-quality customer success plans, and monitor customer health.
- Become an expert in the Modern Work methodologies, programs and processes.
- Build strong client relationships with the appropriate customer executives that support the CSMs engagements. Strengthen that relationship through a deep understanding of the customer’s business needs.
- Establish a BDM-focused culture.
- Help remove blockers for the team.
- Lead the team to be a proactive, agile and responsive point of contact for the customer and to be an effective technical Voice of the Customer inside Microsoft.
- Establish a culture that grows account references, advocacy and loyalty for the CSM and CE practice by maintaining high levels of customer success and satisfaction.
- Run the monthly/quarterly ROB process and Scrum, both collecting performance data from the team and reporting performance to the Customer Success Unit (CSU) Lead and Corporate Team.
- Manage team appropriately to reach agreed to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Participate as member of the extended Strategy Team in the creation of strategy, targe
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 2+ years experience leading teams and or projects.
- 3 years of experience in driving change management and effective adoption within key technologies.
- Proven ability to map the customer’s business process to product capability
- Strong technical understanding of Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams workloads.
- Top-notch executive engagement and communication skills
- Proven ability to establish trusted advisor relationships with business decision makers
- Passion for making others successful
- Willingness to travel - up to 50%
- BA/BS or equivalent required, MBA in IT, finance, or general management preferred
- Industry knowledge and experience a plus
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.