|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated? Are you someone who is an out of the box, strategic thinker who thrives in a complex, ambiguous, fast-paced environment with the desire to deliver on large global programs? If so, consider joining our team!
We’re looking for a Sr. Procurement Program Manager to focus on Hardware Operations and lead the Work From Home (WFH) equipment buying program. This includes program strategy and documentation of global processes to identification of key issues and resolution plans across teams, desktop procedures creation/maintenance, training, and support to ensure processes run effectively, planning and deployment of program changes and coordinates and ensures change mgmt. and comms plans are in place and executed.
The ideal candidate is a team player who can think strategically while also being able to execute. This role requires deep domain expertise demonstrated in program operations management and with a proven track record of driving results that are aligned to strategic priorities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Program Management using strong strategic thinking and program management skills to design, implement, and evolve large scale programs. Ability to take a vision and craft a tangible program design into execution. Ability to work in an ambiguous situation across a dynamic, fast-paced environment and flexible to take on projects based on team’s requirements.
- Process design and management with proven experience of creating and reengineering global workflow processes through automation with a history of solving tough problems in complex environments. This role requires solid business acumen and strong analytical skills to be successful.
- Operations and Continuous Improvement – Once launched, monitor program performance and effectiveness for constant improvement for efficiency and customer satisfaction. Improvements should also be strategic in nature that impacts for broader Microsoft success.
- Collaboration – liaison with key partners, stakeholders, suppliers, and team members to orchestrate alignment activities within Microsoft Procurement. Outstanding communication skill, clear, concise, and articulative.
This is the role for someone who is grounded in a Growth Mindset, is open to new ideas and perspectives, has a passion for learning, and is a champion of diversity and inclusion.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Bachelor’s degree plus minimum 5 years of business experience in Program Management, Global Operational Programs, Change Management, and/or Procurement
- Proven 5+ years of program management with a focus on user experience driving process simplification and/or improvements in a large, complex environment using technology
- High energy and enthusiasm to drive continuous improvements, Six-Sigma certification is a plus
- Problem solver in ambiguous situations, flexible in face of change, and self-motivated
- Consulting experience or approach in Operations Management, Procurement and Supply Chain
- Sound experience in process, dashboard, and tools development to improve productivity, efficiency and user experience in Procurement or Supply Chain space
- Hands on with reporting technologies is an added advantage – Power BI etc.
- Strong leadership capabilities to deliver results with a passion for technology, is curious and demonstrates critical thinking
- Change leader with strong stakeholder management and collaboration capabilities
- Able to effectively operate across time zone as part of global team member