|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come and join the Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Team; we are committed to defending Microsoft customers from cyber-attacks as well as providing sophisticated tooling for securing important data. Our team fosters an agile development environment, continuously gathering and analyzing data to combat evolving threats. Our mission is to help protect customers with truly innovative proactive protection, advise customers on emerging trends, and engage in valuable partnerships.
We strive for staying one step ahead of malicious adversaries and predict the threats of the future. We work with partners across Microsoft to innovate new approaches for detecting and tracking threats, attacker techniques, their tools and infrastructure. We build distributed systems and large scale cloud service working together as a cross-functional team of Software Engineers, Program Managers, Data Scientists and Security Researchers.
Our cloud services leverage Big Data and employ the latest advancements in AI and ML for cyber security. Key product lines built by our team include world’s leading Anti-Virus, the Microsoft Defender which is included as part of Windows and Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (MDE) for enterprise customers. Our products and services are foundational drivers for Microsoft 365, and are a major growth opportunity for Microsoft.
Making our customers succeed with our solutions is what excites us every day! Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, previous work histories, and life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our diversity of backgrounds and experiences enables us to create innovative solutions for our customers, while having a blast working together on building those systems. We are passionate about learning on the job. Our culture is collaborative and customer focused.
- Lead the design and implementation of cloud services and data pipelines that are scalable, highly-available, compliant, and deployed globally via CI/CD
- Lead a small team of Software Engineers including the project planning, prioritization of work, and designing features.
- Support, mentor, and help engineers grow building an inclusive team environment where everyone can deliver their best work
- Advocate for and maintain a culture of high-quality software development with focus on safe deployment principals and comprehensive service health monitoring
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer working on industrial strength software and a proven track record of having shipped commercially successful software products & services
- 5+ years of experience in cloud development principles and patterns, particularly loosely coupled architectures and micro-services, dev-ops model
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering
Preferred Qualifications :
- 2 or more years of experience leading a team of engineers.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills in a cross-functional and cross-geo team
- Experience building distributed services
- Deliver software into services using a Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment methodology
- Expertise in C#, Java, C/C++
- Experience in test automation tools
- Design REST based APIs that can be accessed securely from web and client applications
- Familiar with Secure Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with software development tools such as source control systems (GIT), automated build systems, compilers, software validation systems, project tracking, and lifecycle management systems
- Development experience with cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, AWS.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.