|Location:||Elkridge, Maryland, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
C+AI Sovereign Cloud Security group is looking for highly motivated candidates that can thrive in a non-traditional, agile environment at the cutting-edge of the security market. Our group is responsible for providing organizations with the best security solution for their cloud environment, allowing for visibility, governance and protection over their infrastructure, platforms, and application solutions.
We are looking for energetic hands-on engineers to join a fast-paced team solving complex security and systems focused problems in the sovereign cloud security space. You will work closely with a distributed engineering team, product management, CXP, and customers in addition to the central Azure organization leveraging the best platforms that Microsoft has to offer.
- Live Site Management – you will be part of a global team driving enormous scale and assuring operational excellence while gaining deep understanding of availability, performance, and security
- Evaluate and contribute to product & service design and architecture, help shape Site Reliability Engineering strategies, review specifications, design and improve upon core processes
- Work closely with peer engineering teams on defining and implementing improvements to service monitoring and reporting to enhance reliability and capability
- Solve problems in mission critical services and create solutions to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions
- Participate and enhance our data-driven culture by providing statistical trending and analysis using real service data to increase service health and quality while driving down COGS
- Providing operational support for day to day activities involving deployment of services
- Candidates must have an active, current Top Secret (TS) Clearance and be willing to upgrade to Top Secret SCI with Full Scope polygraph or have an active Top Secret SCI and be willing to upgrade to and maintain TS/SCI with full scope polygraph).
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- 4+ years of Software Engineering or equivalent and experience in testing, deploying, and supporting large scale services on Azure, AWS or similar environments
- Deep understanding of complex, large scale online services (preferably Azure based)
- Working knowledge of databases as well as Big Data systems and analytics/SQL skills
- Experience with Build systems and CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Azure DevOps (VSTS))
- Experience defining and measuring internal/customer facing SLAs
- Experience in SDLC, distributed systems, networking, logistics and operations
- Statistics experience and bias for measurement and driving action with metrics
- Software development: automation-related experience particularly valued. Scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, etc. or object-oriented languages such as C#, C++ or Java are most relevant, but others are acceptable.
- Knowledge of system design coupled with excellent testing and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work as part of an on-call rotation and to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.