|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for helping Microsoft’s clients defend themselves against targeted exploitation? Are you interested in being intimately involved in the latest, cutting edge developments in the security industry and having a direct impact on the security of all Microsoft customers? Do you want to be on the front lines of helping our customers go toe-to-toe against advanced adversaries? Are you interested in a fast-paced job full of new opportunities? The team seeks strong candidates with anti-malware/reverse engineering skills to join our client-facing Microsoft’s Detection and Response Team (DART).
This role will work as part of a collaborative team assisting our top customers with:
- Analysing and reversing malicious or suspicious files found in customer environment
- Providing accurate writeup and description of threats
- Collaborating in understanding the timeline of events during investigation
- Performing knowledge transfer to prepare customers to defend against today’s threat landscape
- 3+ years of reverse engineering work experience
- BS Computer Science / Engineering or comparable experience
- Knowledge of debugging and disassembly tools such as IdaPro/HexRays, OllyDbg, WinDbg
- Experience debugging x86 and x64 assembly language
- Ability to perform static and dynamic analyses of suspect binaries without source or debug information.
- Good understanding of packer and obfuscation techniques
- Ability to work with Microsoft security teams in collaboration projects
- Ability to work independently and effectively, and manage through ambiguity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with the team in a customer environment
Experience in the following areas is a plus
- Incident response
- Windows/Linux Forensics
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Developing signatures for an Antivirus vendor
- Databases, SQL and KQL
- Azure and/or O365
- Experience with Linux/Mac threats
- Having US Security Clearance (TS/SCI)
If you are looking for a role that allows you to use your knowledge and passion to strengthen Microsoft's product defenses and keep customers informed and protected from emerging security threats, you may have a bright future with our Microsoft’s Detection and Response Team (DART).
Travel is an integral part of this position as are high levels of recognition and visibility. Up to 50% travel is required (once travel is possible), as demanded by the needs of our customers. Position location is flexible.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.