|Location:||Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Modern Life Experiences (MLX) team builds innovative new customer experiences for families that work on Windows, Xbox, web, and mobile. We focus on providing peace of mind through digital and physical safety and helping families learn, grow, and have more quality time together. Millions of families rely on our easy-to-use services.
We're looking for software engineers who are passionate about human-centered design, finding simple solutions to complex problems, excel at solving real issues for real people, and enjoy working with the latest technologies. If you feel you’ve got the skills, experience, and the desire to create a meaningful impact in the lives of millions, we’d love to hear from you!
- Working with cloud services that will power all classes of devices including mobile, desktop and Xbox
- Working with web and mobile applications to provide delightful user experiences
- Developing insights through data mining and analysis
- Collaborating closely with our product and design teams
- Leveraging your passion for quality and test-driven development
- 8+ years of strong design and coding experience
- Experience shipping internet scale software
- Experience with C#, Java or C++
- Great knowledge of object-oriented software development, algorithms and data structures
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field
- Deep customer empathy and focus on delivering high-quality customer experiences
- Proactive and self-motivated, and willingness to take on challenging technical issues
- Familiarity with building mobile apps using iOS (Swift or Objective-C) or Android (Java or Kotlin) is a bonus!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.