|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. The Device and Partner Sales (DPS) team plays a critical role in achieving this mission. We build and sell intelligent edge and intelligent cloud devices and solutions with partners, who include OEMs, device distribution channels, original design manufacturers, and Silicon providers. We work closely with our device ecosystem and internal business groups to enable partners to deliver amazing innovative experiences powered by Windows.
Opportunities in DPS are expansive because we span the entire product lifecycle -- from incubation, prototyping, and portfolio planning to the design-in, sell-in, and sell-through motions that help our partners touch consumers, students, and businesses. As a member of our team, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of innovation, and contributing to our partnership engagements that build and launch devices and solutions worldwide. You will also be part of a people-first culture that supports a growth mindset, equality, and inclusion. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be here in DPS.
In DPSS, we’re focused on evolving the device partner ecosystem. As a member of our team, you’ll be part of growing a multibillion-dollar business and charting new areas of innovation. We’re doing this by building best-in-class modern devices, helping drive partner profitability, and driving preference for Microsoft solution with our hardware partners.
The Device Partner Solution Sales (DPSS) organization works with device ecosystem partners to build, market, and sell a winning portfolio of devices and solutions that delights customers and earns fans around the world.
The LDP Account Channel Executive (CE) is a crucial role at Microsoft to help accelerate sales of windows devices services through and with local OEMs. The CE oversees managing one or more accounts at the country level, and the primary responsibilities include:
Partner Relationships (30%): Demonstrate good understanding of partners’ business, market dynamics and Microsoft products/value.
- Develop a deep understanding of the partners’ strategy, business imperatives, and profitability drivers and align strategically with partners key stakeholders on vision of the partnership
- Drive end to end relationship with the partner, leveraging the account management process, marketing investments to land the local execution from device assortment and local portfolio, through to the attach of Microsoft software and cloud services
- Build trusted advisor relationships with partner(s) through a deep understanding of their local strategy and business imperatives.
- Act as a partner advocate for all partner interests, goals, and objectives
Account Management (30%): Develop year on year goals that map partners’ business objectives (share, margin, revenue) to Microsoft goals (revenue, mix and services). Work with partners to identify their plans and strategies around devices and services.
- Develop joint account plans with partner inclusive of GTM activities across consumer, commercial and Edu channels, Conditions of Satisfaction (COS), Customer Partner Satisfaction (CPE), portfolio planning; Market Development Agreement (MDA), Jumpstart and Co-op funding programs
- Ensure all discretionary funding produces an ROI aligned to corporate guidance and track progress of actual results of marketing campaigns and investments
- Develop deep knowledge of Partner business practices (procurement strategies, engineering resources, marketing capabilities, etc.)
- Establish and execute a formal RoBs to manage progress of joint commitments, reprioritize, and develop plans for newly identified opportunities
Pipeline Management (15%): Develop a One Microsoft approach for the partner to increase Windows devices.
- Manage partner pipeline and forecast monthly
- Execute to achieve revenue, scorecard metrics, and account KPIs
- Conduct on-going reviews to ensure follow through on agreed upon accountabilities
- Provide local updates to Device Sales team
Business Development and Transformation (25%): Understand the partners’ device roadmap, competitive challenges, services vision to identify new business opportunities
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of devices, software, channel, and end customers, as well as industry and market trends leveraging Microsoft & industry assets to share with partner(s)
- Leverage internal competitive intelligence to help partners identify gaps and emerging trends
- For current partners, identify areas of joint opportunity based on current market trends, partners capabilities and local resources
- Find and engage new OEMs, distributors, resellers, start-ups etc. and help them transition into Named Account program
- Participate in Industry events that include competing platforms and solutions to fully absorb competitive landscape Research, localize and execute applicable best practices to increase the impact on local business. Build expertise in presenting key Microsoft device selling strategies
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- 5+ years of experience in sales in the technology industry with a proven track record in establishing and managing business partnerships between OEM, distributors, and resellers
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in engineering, computer science, or business
- Excellent grasp of business fundamentals, channel development, and competitive pressures in the current environment
- Aptitude for strategic planning, budget, forecast and project management, as well as tactical execution
- Excellent oral and written communication, with the capability of delivering effective executive presentations and negotiate deals
- Strong sales, customer service, negotiation, and objection handling
- Executive maturity to develop strong relationships at multiple management levels across Microsoft and partners