|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Dallas, Texas, Miami, Florida, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come join the new Enterprise Services Global Pursuit Organization! We operate in a highly competitive environment and the ability to meet customer expectations, shape profitable deals, and lead pursuits efficiently is critical to our success as an organization. The Global Pursuit Organization plays a pivotal role in landing Enterprise Services Strategy with customers and enabling their continuing Digital Transformation. As a pre-sales delivery leader, you will be accountable for supporting the presales process by shaping and scoping deals with your extended Microsoft Services pursuit team. This role reports to the Time Zone Solution Area Pursuit Lead Manager (DMM).
The Global Pursuit Organization is looking for a passionate, purposeful leader to join the team. The Delivery Pursuit Lead (DPL) is a presales delivery leader accountable for supporting the presales process by shaping and scoping deals to satisfy customer’s requirements. You work closely with sales teams, account aligned delivery managers and other domain resources as required, to define and scope quality solutions that drive business outcomes, focusing where possible on digital transformation. You are responsible for leading a collaborative solution design process. You are accountable for providing deal scope, solution/approach, accurate cost estimates, pre-staffing plans, financial costs, risks and contingency / risk reserve requirements and budgetary estimations. You reuse Intellectual Property (IP) to scope end-to-end lifecycle solutions across your portfolio of pursuits that enable growth while ensuring that deal velocity and deal quality remain paramount.
- Play an important role in aligning pursuits with domain offering strategy. DPLs are expected to demonstrate expertise in domain offerings and delivery playbooks, and to use this expertise to educate selling partners and lead pursuits that result in deals with an appropriate resource mix.
- The DPL is a key participant in driving the sales growth of solution areas within the Services Sales organization through the seamless and quality integration of services domain strategies and services Area Aligned sales strategies. This includes close collaboration with the Services Sales Executive (SSE), Services Solution Specialist (SSSP), Area Solution Architect (ASA), Delivery Management Managers (DMM), Account Delivery Executive (ADE), Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM) and at times, the Enterprise Product Group
- Building trusted relationships with stakeholders that are critical to the success of deal pursuits. DPLs are expected to drive profitable use of presales resources and develop relationships with area sales, proactively engage stakeholders to influence deal qualification, advise on deal readiness, and set domain pursuit expectations.
- Being accountable for deal quality. This includes the production of well-crafted Statements of Work (SOW’s) that lead to profitable engagements that meet customers’ expectations for scope, timelines, and deliverables, and include the reuse of IP as a deal shaping foundation.
- Achieving high quality pursuits by leading pursuit teams through technical, political and organizational complexity. DPLs are expected to be stewards of the lead-to-order process, use your influence to improve deal velocity, prioritize pursuits aligned to area business plans, and communicate deal value to approval stakeholders through the deal review process.
- Role requires daily work routine to be in the Americas time zone. Preference for US Eastern or Central Time Zone.
- 5+ Years of related professional services, sales and/or IT delivery job experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) in Computer Science, Engineering or business or equivalent work experience. Master's degree preferred
- Prior experience selling or delivering complex professional services in the cloud services market. Prior experience selling, solutioning or delivering business applications (CRM, ERP) including competitive landscape is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience selling complex solutions to the commercial and public sector markets including formal RFP processes. Preference for prior experience in one or more of our key industries; financial services, healthcare, manufacturing or retail.
- Confident at building relationships, working and communicating with internal stakeholders and customers
- Knowledge and understanding of the financial and operational roles of a delivery organization, able to match this to best meet customer needs and drive customer outcomes
- Experience evaluating work breakdown structures, cost estimations and resource loading in developing commercial proposals
- Able to develop strong, productive relationships with colleagues and management to meet targeted objectives
- Analytical mind set with the ability define metrics, reports, interpret results, and make recommendations on appropriate courses of action
- Customer and Solution Focus
- Innovative with a Drive for Results
- Ability to create clarity and clearly communicate
- Executive Maturity and Ability to Influence
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.