|Job Type:||Full Time|
In C+AI Design Studios at Microsoft, we are developing technologies that will revolutionize how people interact with each other and their environments. The Cognitive Services Team provides a comprehensive family of AI services and cognitive APIs to help developers build intelligent apps. Our goal is to bring AI within reach of every developer—without requiring machine-learning expertise—so they can embed the ability to see, hear, speak, search, understand, and accelerate decision-making into their experiences. To bring this vision to fruition, we need an experienced user experience researcher to collaborate closely with our team of designers, product managers, developers, and user researchers to create cutting edge UX, services and tools across our Speech, Vision, Language, and Decision AI offerings.
You will be part of the Cognitive Services research & design team, collaborating closely with a team of UX designers, product managers, front-end developers, and user researchers. You will work directly with AI product management and engineering teams to enable, guide, and oversee the research they do; helping them to make decisions based on data and user perspectives they gather.
Critical to this role will be experience utilizing a wide range of existing qualitative and quantitative research methods, as well as applying relevant knowledge of cognitive science, human factors, and interaction design to solve design problems and enhance user experiences. Great oral and written communication skills are essential as you will be working closely with Designers, Engineers, Program Managers, and other Researchers to develop research plans, coach product teams to carry out those research plans, and ensure action is taken on results in a highly collaborative work environment. Stakeholder management, the ability to successfully work in an agile environment, and a history of making business impact are also crucial for success in the role.
- Design a range of qualitative and quantitative studies applicable to all product stages from conception to release.
- Work collaboratively across disciplines to guide product teams to deliver impactful user insights and build user empathy
- Effectively communicate rich customer data and articulate the implications of research findings in clear and compelling ways.
- Turn research results into actionable work items that will have product impact
- Help evolve the discipline while influencing multiple product teams to make impactful, data-driven decisions
- Degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interactions, Human Factors (HF engineering OR HF psychology), Computer Science, or Industrial Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in the technology industry conducting user research.
- History of having an impact on products with research activities.
- Experience with a broad range of research methodologies (usability studies, interviews, site visits, surveys, customer segmentation, card sorting, unmoderated studies, etc.).
- Ability to quickly and effectively analyze data and present findings clearly to influence product design and direction.
- Passion for learning new technologies and understanding the needs of diverse users.
- Communicate, track, and drive research insights with stakeholders to ensure positive impact on products in a fast-moving agile environment.
- Experience programming using APIs and SDKs
- Experience working with Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with analytic data analysis to inform decision making (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, App Insights etc.)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.