Last updated 40 minutes ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Machinist Team's responsibilities include, assignment planning, layout, set up, operating and making tool adjustments for various types of manual, numerically controlled and computerized machine shop equipment. They work from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions, communicating directly with engineers to understand the purpose of a part assembly. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
What your background should look like:
- Disassemble complex molds
- Cleaning and replacing worn components during reassembly of molds
- Monitoring production schedule and keeping molds ready for upcoming jobs
- Identifying and ordering inventory items for molds
- Tracking and maintaining inventory parts needed for molds
- Making changes as needed to standard work for clean and service on molds
- Assemble accurate and high-quality component parts by interpreting blue prints, potentially running operations on a variety of machines, including:
- Cut-off Saw
- Flat and/or Form Grinder
- Appropriate Heat Treat method
- Hold tolerances as tight as .0002 for various components
- Identify and troubleshoot issues (Identify process problems, bottlenecks, inefficiencies, etc.) and contribute to solutions.
- Perform and record all necessary inspections (using micrometers, calipers, height indicator, etc.) in order to ensure quality.
- Comprehend shop math and be resourceful in deciphering dimensions, tolerances, angles, etc.
- Effectively manage work time and be self-directed in order to meet production needs/schedules
- Exhibit understanding, flexibility and willingness to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate effectively with peers, management and other internal departments using both verbal and written communication tools.
- Finish set up of a mold with minimal assistance and within a reasonable time frame
- Make offsets independently to finish the set up process
- Set up and replace tools or molds without supervision
- Recognize tool or mold wear before dimensions are affected
- Make basic changes to programs on machines without assistance
- Compare numerical data display with specifications on operations sheet
- Adjust tool lengths and fixture offsets as required.
- Participate in the process of tooling selection on new techniques & technologies
- Monitor tooling inventories and maintain cleanliness and order (5S) of tooling cabinets and work area.
- Support development and implementation of new policies, procedures, equipment, and tooling.
Qualifications & Experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle job responsibilities as noted above.
- Trade School Certificate required
- Minimum of 3-5 years machine shop experience running various machine equipment would be beneficial
- Demonstrated knowledge of manual and CNC milling and grinding
- Basic knowledge/comprehension of shop math
- Heat treat knowledge or experience a plus
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation