|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about helping to create new devices and experiences? The Surface Team is defining the next generation of products to engage and delight our customers. We’re looking for a talented program manager who will collaborate across disciplines to drive product planning, implementation, and integration for Surface Duo and future products.
- Drive SW/FW program and schedule for a device program
- Drive definition of SWFW requirements, work breakdowns, implementation plans, specifications and SW integration planning across all disciplines
- Drive the execution and delivery using engineering tools, triage, tracking and reporting aligning to product milestones.
- Drive SWFW planning for device program HW builds and work with internal teams to ensure SW bring-up and enablement of HW builds
- Drive the execution and delivery using engineering tools, triage, tracking and reporting aligning to product milestones
- Partner closely with internal and external engineering teams to track progress, remove roadblocks and deliver timely results
- Drive strategic alignment and achieve senior management and executive level buy in and sponsorship
- Organize and present program reviews/status to engineering, business, and senior management
- Collaborate with silicon vendor as well as OS and Apps teams to drive E2E software program planning
- Eight or more years of experience in product engineering process
- Three or more years of experience in program management, defining, driving, and shipping products through multiple ship cycles
- Experience holding responsibility for the creation of functional specifications, project schedules and building plans to deliver
- Enthusiastic, attention to detail, results oriented, organized, motivated and self-driven
- Strong strategic leadership and analytical skills
- Solid critical thinking and questioning skills
- Outstanding track record of accomplishing results in a matrixed environment, working collaboratively across boundaries and influencing other teams
- Excellent communication skills
- High degree of flexibility - willing to fill in the gaps when needed to advance the program
- Experience with Android OS is a plus
- Experience with shipping hardware products is a plus
- Experience with hardware partner development is a plus
- Bachelor Degree highly desired, Master Degree is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.