|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
At Microsoft’s Americas Operations Center we have a passion for customers, partners and technology. As a Business Insights Manager on the Americas Operations team, you will glean insights from our transactional data to influence key program and policy changes with senior stakeholders. You will be expected to build a consistent, repeatable, and scalable process on a global level to deliver new insights on a recurring basis. Additionally, the role is accountable for driving operational excellence throughout Transact Services through the identification and creation of solutions and process enhancements. You will be joining a fast-paced team that is focused on results, works together to solve problems, and is committed to developing people.
- Build a repeatable and scalable process for gleaning transactional insights and proposing solutions to simplify transactional patterns
- Act as a catalyst for change by delivering insights to stakeholders and building support for proposed changes
- Harden transactional forecasting processes through transactional insights
- Drive continuous process improvements via analysis and identification of opportunities with a global consideration
- Communicate across all levels, including senior management
Ideal Candidate Attributes:
- Deep field and partner knowledge as well understanding the Microsoft Sales Process (or similar industry sales process) and associated transactional motions
- Continuous Process Improvement Mindset
- Successful collaboration with Senior Business Stakeholders including Microsoft Sales Team and Microsoft Partners
- Strong understanding of current MS Commercial processes including documents, systems, and organizations operating in the process (might be related to the Deep Field line you have)
- Demonstrated experience mining transactional data through SQL and other tools to uncover insightful analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain, Data Science, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience
- 4+ years of experience in Operations, Program Management, or Project Management
- Detail oriented with proven ability to deal with ambiguity and work effectively in situations involving uncertainty or lack of information
- Able to work in a pressured environment to tight deadlines when required
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- Proven ability to independently and effectively create solutions that can be globally implemented and ability to influence others in their adoption
- Familiarity with the Volume Licensing ecosystem, with deep understanding of both processes and tools
- Demonstrated excellence in thought leadership, innovation, and execution management; ability to influence without authority
- Challenge Status-quo (Growth-Mindset)
- Understand industry objectives, strategic direction and key competition
- Broad working knowledge of Microsoft including business groups, segment and support functions including multiple channels and business groups
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.