|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our technology moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path, across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
The Mixed Reality “Commercial & Consumer Readiness” team is looking for a highly motivated and customer focused Senior Software Engineer who has experience contributing to the design, composition, integration, and validation of operation system components on our products
- Compose, integrate and validate various operation system components to address end-to-end customer scenarios.
- Monitor system reliability and performance KPIs and investigate and debug to make sure their goals and met.
- Work in close partnership with a team of cross discipline peers including hardware, PM, Quality Engineering and Customer Support for sustained long term success.
- Assist with operation systems evaluation and choice during the bring-up of any new device.
- Maintain a focus on enabling customer scenarios across developer, commercial, consumer and government.
- Respond to escalations coming from customer support to unblock critical customer reported issues.
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6+ years of relevant software design and development experience.
- Outstanding technical problem-solving skills.
- Experience in design, coding, and debugging skills.
- This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Due to contractual limitations and ITAR obligations associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required.
There are plenty of other skills that aren’t required, but you’ll find useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with:
- Writing performance critical code in C/C++.
- Windows, Linux or Android operation system development.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Flexibility to work across the stack, from driver to UX, to address end-to-end customer scenario.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.