|Location:||Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Small, Medium, and Corporate team helps businesses achieve their digital transformation goals by matching customer challenges with Microsoft solutions. Located in a Digital Sales center, you will work closely with our Demand Response Cloud Acquisition team in servingour large enterprise and corporate managed customers to identify their needs and opportunities.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
The Cloud SolutionArchitectteam consists of highly capable individuals that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. As aDigitalCloud Solutions Architect, your primary responsibilities will be to engage with customers, partners andyour account teamto understand the business’s needs, and then prove and design customer business solutions that leverage the Microsoft Cloud for Business with a focus on Microsoft Azure. You will own technical and solution envisioning with customers viaMicrosoft Teamsengagements including demos, custom demos, solution designs, implementation plans and proof of concepts.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist customers clarifying technical questions, allowing them to make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT Solutions based on Microsoft online services and solutions.
- You will be the subject matter expert on your local sales team leading technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, production ready pilots for the Microsoft Azure solutions, with a focus on customer acquisition efforts.
- Understand customers' overall applications portfolio, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions) using PaaS, DevOps & Advanced Application coding.
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap. Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensure technical viability and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies (e.g. Windows and Linux IaaS, Security, Networking, etc.), or Application Development and DevOps technologies (e.g. App Service, containers, serverless, cloud native, etc.) strong experience in cloud databases and migration from on-prem databases to cloud database solutions.
- Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers and be a Voice of Customer.
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community.
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and. externalcommunities , including creating awareness of customer Azure skilling options.
- Meet and exceed team-level monthly, quarterly and annual targets for Customer Acquisition, Azure Consumption Revenue (ACR) and sales engagements, as well as operational metrics.
- 2+ years of related experience in technical pre and post sales and/or technical consulting/architecture.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associated (AZ-103 or AZ-104) or prepared to attain certification within 3 months, or Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert (AZ-400) or Azure Solution Architect Expert (AZ-303, AZ-304) or Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate (DP-200 and DP-201) prepared to attain certification within 6 months.
- Broad knowledge of consultative/complex technical sales, deployment projects, architecture, design and implementation
- Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance for cloud and hybrid solutions
- Deep domain expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra as a code technologies)
- Experience using integrated development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, XCode, WebSphere) targeting Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, public clouds (i.e. Azure, AWS)
- Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
- Drives decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, and successful customer projects.
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required. 4-year degree preferred. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field desired.
Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from the experience; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.